MICHIGAN Detroit Metro region Area 51 badlands scheduled and available

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For those close enough to make the Metro area trip, I orderd an Area 51 Badlands trim. Includes Tow package, the bigger tires 235/65/17, and cargo management system with Area 51 interior and black roof. I found the same build on a local lot and took what was on the lot. My order has a VIN, and has a projected build date of May 17. Anyone in that area looking for those options, shoot me a message and I will share the dealer info. I'd love to help someone here find what they are looking for if you aren't in a big hurry, and help the dealer out. Guy was straight up the entire process, I just couldn't wait anymore.
Sponsored

carlea_w

Badlands
First Name
Carlea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
For those close enough to make the Metro area trip, I orderd an Area 51 Badlands trim. Includes Tow package, the bigger tires 235/65/17, and cargo management system with Area 51 interior and black roof. I found the same build on a local lot and took what was on the lot. My order has a VIN, and has a projected build date of May 17. Anyone in that area looking for those options, shoot me a message and I will share the dealer info. I'd love to help someone here find what they are looking for if you aren't in a big hurry, and help the dealer out. Guy was straight up the entire process, I just couldn't wait anymore.
My exact order that I placed on April 12, but I live in Oregon.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just saw today the Bronco I ordered is now in production, on schedule with a MAY 17 week so I'd guess the dealer will have it by Mid June. Anyone in the area still hunting I will gladly share the dealer info and try to help both of you out.

Ed Bronco OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just saw today the Bronco I ordered is now in production, on schedule with a MAY 17 week so I'd guess the dealer will have it by Mid June. Anyone in the area still hunting I will gladly share the dealer info and try to help both of you out.
The Hermosillo plant was shut down the weeks of 5/10 & 5/17. It most likely wasn't built on 05/17.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The Hermosillo plant was shut down the weeks of 5/10 & 5/17. It most likely wasn't built on 05/17.
Yeah I was monitoring it pretty close. It now has a window sticker and appears to be a week behind. Another member has been in contact with the dealer and it sounds like they have a plan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR2, Ford Expedition
correct. Just Badlands TRIM, 235 tires, cargo management table thing, and tow package.
We have the same trim configuration.

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Michigan guy here who just picked up a 2022 sport from dealer last night. Any get togethers in the north of Detroit area for off roading? I'm a newbie to this sort of stuff (been into fast cars for years) but want to see how quickly I can break .... in my new toy lol

Ford Bronco Sport MICHIGAN Detroit Metro region Area 51 badlands scheduled and available unnamed

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
Congrats, my friend! Looks great! What color is that? We are in the Troy area and picked ours up in late July. LOVE IT!!! Haven't done any off-roading (yet) but i have enjoyed washing it by hand! I know there is a great off-roading gravel pit around Holly just off of I-75. We were heading up to Grand Blanc last weekend to watch the Ally golf tournament and saw 2 Broncos scaling the gravel pits. Looked awesome!!!!!

ttt123

Outer Banks
First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Thanks guys. Well I took it off road this weekend lol. Once on my sons moto cross track and the other on some DNR roads in lapeer area. Did some pretty impressive hill climbs with it and wow very impressive. I just crossed 100 miles with it and now its parked in the barn till all my mod parts I ordered arrive. I'm going to do a small build thread for it.. so far .. I love this thing. Such a fun little suv.

Last edited:

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
Very cool! What mode did you drive it in? Looks like it had no trouble with the off road trail!
Sponsored