cpennebaker

Big Bend
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have seen many people upgrading to a 245/65r17 size tire, but there is very little information on where to store a spare tire for this size. Does anybody know if it will fit in the spare tire compartment or if there is a back mounted spare tire mount in development?
Sponsored

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I have seen many people upgrading to a 245/65r17 size tire, but there is very little information on where to store a spare tire for this size. Does anybody know if it will fit in the spare tire compartment or if there is a back mounted spare tire mount in development?
When I measure the diameter of the spare compartment on my base it's roughly 29". I'd imagine a 235/65 would fit. I stuck with 225/65 for my tires for this reason.

For what it's worth the Badlands/FE comes with a 225 spare even if you buy the 235 upgrade.

OP
OP

cpennebaker

Big Bend
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I measure the diameter of the spare compartment on my base it's roughly 29". I'd imagine a 235/65 would fit. I stuck with 225/65 for my tires for this reason.

For what it's worth the Badlands/FE comes with a 225 spare even if you buy the 235 upgrade.
I figured as much. I think it looks a lot better with the bigger tires, but I had so many issues with the tires on my previous vehicle. It is not worth it to go without a spare.
I suppose I will order some new wheels and tires that will provide a little more tread for light off-road driving in the same size as stock to use until a time if/when there is a good way to keep a larger spare.
Thanks for your input.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
I figured as much. I think it looks a lot better with the bigger tires, but I had so many issues with the tires on my previous vehicle. It is not worth it to go without a spare.
I suppose I will order some new wheels and tires that will provide a little more tread for light off-road driving in the same size as stock to use until a time if/when there is a good way to keep a larger spare.
Thanks for your input.
1200 miles in and I absolutely love the Wildpeak AT Trails, fwiw.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Tires ain't pretty, I can't imagine putting larger tires on for looks.
If more off road performance is need I can see a reason.
But considering how only a slightly larger tire can be fitted without cutting out some fender.
Looks wise stock looks right to me.
Sponsored