Maverick Steelie Wheels installed on my Bronco Sport

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I bought some Maverick steelie take-offs thinking I'd out them on my Sport. I've had it almost a year and thought it's time to break up the black/orange school bus look. Was going to put on some silver cross bars too.

Now I'm not so sure it'll look good. Any opinions would be welcome.

Ford Bronco Sport Maverick Steelie Wheels installed on my Bronco Sport PXL_20211129_223523355.MP
Sponsored

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The longer I look at the steelie, the more I like the retro look of it. My initial reaction was to keep your current ones. I guess it comes down to what style you want.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
I think they would look nice painted grey or black. The silver just doesn't fit IMO, even on the Maverick it looks odd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElBronc

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I really like the steelie old school look and functionality. The bright silver is throwing me off though. Maybe painted a gun metal to match the grill would be better.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I think they'd look better if they were powdercoated tbh. The silver is really stark.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For me, I like your stock wheels better. With that steel wheel, it looks like you had a flat and put on the spare.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Now I'm not so sure it'll look good. Any opinions would be welcome.
I've been looking for some steelie takeoffs too. My BS came with the upgraded steelie-look aluminum wheels.

Ford Bronco Sport Maverick Steelie Wheels installed on my Bronco Sport bdd1d6fe-140e-4269-931d-06628fe6ec74-jpe

I love the look, but I don't think I want to use them offroad. My plan is to find some steelies and swap these Falken 235s over to them for offroad use, and I'll put some decent 225 series tires on the factory rims for daily driving. The narrower tires should net far better mileage.

For what it's worth, I like the look of steelies on these cars, but I will probably paint them before using them on mine. I agree with others that the stark silver is a bit too, well, stark.

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Maybe it's the color difference, the factory steelies which aren't really steel look good in the Mark S photo.

OP
OP
ElBronc

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Alright thanks all. Pretty much confirmed my feeling about the silver being too much of a contrast. Maybe I'll powder coat them gunmetal or just resell.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I think if you powder coated them gunmetal they’d be awesome. But then I think they’re fine as is if you want a different look from standard. I like the look for sure, but then I ordered the optional “steelies” on mine since the look really is retro/vintage 4x4 to me. But I have had at least 2 people tell me after seeing pics wondering why I’d order them when they look like winter tire rims.

OP
OP
ElBronc

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think if you powder coated them gunmetal they’d be awesome. But then I think they’re fine as is if you want a different look from standard. I like the look for sure, but then I ordered the optional “steelies” on mine since the look really is retro/vintage 4x4 to me. But I have had at least 2 people tell me after seeing pics wondering why I’d order them when they look like winter tire rims.
Yeah, the steelies are definitely a love it or hate it thing. I think they're awesome, my Black Diamond will be rocking the factory steelies.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
But I have had at least 2 people tell me after seeing pics wondering why I’d order them when they look like winter tire rims.
I tell them, "I know, right? You should see the car when it's covered with mud. Then it looks like something you'd take off road or something..."

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
I like the BS Steelies more than the Maverick ones.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser