Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Hey David! Congrats on your new, incoming Maverick Hybrid!

While I can understand your reaction to the Escape Hybrid, I think you'll find the Maverick much more charming and enjoyable to own. It definitely could use more power, but getting nearly three times the MPG of your F350 will never get old :cool: You're also used to having a bed to haul stuff around with the F350, so having some similarities there with the Mav is good.

The Bronco Sport OB is a great daily candidate. I've had several diesel pickups in the past, and both turbo powerplants offered in the Bronco Sport give a nice rush of torque, making it feel much more muscular than the numbers suggest. This may be why you liked it more than you expected.

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If I were to purchase a Maverick, I would choose the 2.0 liter power train. Also if I were to be in the market for a Bronco Sport again (I have a Badlands) I would choose the 2.0 liter model of that as well.
The 2.0 feels much more engaging, and you never think it needs more power.

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
The Ford hybrid powertrain is efficient, especially in the Maverick with the updated Ford in house designed electric motor but it's still very crude when it comes to operation. Remember that with the exception of the new electric motor the 2.5 hybrid powertrain itself has been around for over a decade so yeah, it's noisy and crude in engagement compared to many hybrid powertrains out there. My weekend spent with a Maverick Hybrid left me impressed with fuel mileage (except on the highway) but very unimpressed by power and NVH levels. That being said, if you just want a vehicle for putting around town stick with the Maverick hybrid. If you plan on doing any off the beaten path adventuring go with the Bronco Sport. The Maverick is a terrible platform for off roading even in Tremor form. The breakover and departure angles are merde. Nobody has done a comparison but I would venture to say that based on TFL testing of a non Badlands BS even the base model with a moderate lift and good tires is probably more capable than a Maverick Tremor due to the afore mentioned limitations of the chassis. Also, if you liked the power in the Outer Banks you'll love the 2.0 in the Badlands.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I actually prefer using a SUV and a beat up utility trailer than a pick up. I've had several pick-ups over the past 50 years and now prefer a SUV over the pick up. I just seem to have more crap to carry that I want protected than not. I use the trailer for the crap I don't care about (lawn waste mostly) but have gotten creative even with the SUV's as far as that goes. I'm not quite as concerned with how the vehicle look as others. I tend to use the "U" part more than most so there is that.

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Hybrids. I can only speak about my experience with my 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Lovely car for commuting, but since I work from home on a permanent basis having a hybrid didn't make sense anymore. They get the best fuel mileage in the city. The optimal speed on the highway was up to 65 mph, after that you lose some of the fuel mileage. I live in a hilly/mountainy area of BC and it works great for the regenerative braking, as coasting charges the battery pretty quickly. Ford installs software so the battery has a predetermined life span of 10 years, after that it needs to be reset or updated, and I'm not sure how Ford techs are about doing this (seemed to be a struggle for some people to find a willing party with the early hybrid Escapes/Fusions). If you drive it every day then you won't have to worry about that as it will mile out before then, for me that wasn't the case. Also, it was an absolute slug in Eco mode, but since it's economical you probably don't need to use it. If I was still commuting I would have kept it. That being said I'm quite happy with my Bronco Sport. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

bentley72

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Maverick
I absolutely love our maverick. Can push 50+ mpg in the right conditions. Right now with the cold I’m getting around 34 with using remote start. Has plenty of power. The brakes are a little clunky at lower speeds, but there is a tsb out for that that I haven’t got yet, that’s supposed to help.

we just got our bronco sport this weekend so I haven’t had as much time behind the wheel of it. It feels like it sits slightly higher to me, but overall drive’s pretty similar

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Closing out this thread. I brought the Maverick Hybrid home and really enjoyed it. Wife and kids preferred the Bronco Sport. So, I traded the maverick in. The dealer gave me $4000 more than I paid for it, so instead of taking one of their lower optioned BS OBX, i special ordered the exact one I wanted. Now, it's wait time again.

thanks all for the insight.
Congratulations, happy to hear you are all happy with your choice. Thank you for being a part of the Ford family. :)

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Closing out this thread. I brought the Maverick Hybrid home and really enjoyed it. Wife and kids preferred the Bronco Sport. So, I traded the maverick in. The dealer gave me $4000 more than I paid for it, so instead of taking one of their lower optioned BS OBX, i special ordered the exact one I wanted. Now, it's wait time again.

thanks all for the insight.
You'll be happy I'm sure. Kind of in the same boat. No idea if my Maverick order will get built, but the Sport came in. Loving it enough I'm not sure if I'll take the Maverick or just order another Sport.
Sponsored