Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I have been debating back and forth between a few vehicles and eliminated the Cherokee Latitude Lux after finally driving one.

I finally found an inbound Big Bend optioned properly and due at the dealership in the next week or two. I went in for them to appraise my trade-in and make a transaction. During that process, they said that they had to disclose that they were adding a $2000.00 Market Adjustment, due to the popularity of the vehicle.

I terminated the transaction and left, thinking more about the RAV4 TRD as an option.

Is anyone else getting hit with this, especially late in the process?
Sponsored

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
Oh no, I'm sorry! I ordered way back in August but I have confirmed with my dealer that they will not be adjusting the price of mine and at least on their website any that they have gotten in over the last month they have not increased the price.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have been debating back and forth between a few vehicles and eliminated the Cherokee Latitude Lux after finally driving one.

I finally found an inbound Big Bend optioned properly and due at the dealership in the next week or two. I went in for them to appraise my trade-in and make a transaction. During that process, they said that they had to disclose that they were adding a $2000.00 Market Adjustment, due to the popularity of the vehicle.

I terminated the transaction and left, thinking more about the RAV4 TRD as an option.

I didn't deal with a market adjustment but I did contact a dealer that added $3500 in Dealer installed accessories. No thanks!!

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I ordered in August. When I went to close the deal in January, I balked at the low trade in price I was offered on my Subaru. The manager ? comes over to discuss. He said he was sticking to our August price, but he could easily sell my OB for over that. He was trying to make up his perceived loss by low balling my trade. We did come to an agreement, but I was none too happy with the attitude.

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I ordered in August. When I went to close the deal in January, I balked at the low trade in price I was offered on my Subaru. The manager ? comes over to discuss. He said he was sticking to our August price, but he could easily sell my OB for over that. He was trying to make up his perceived loss by low balling my trade. We did come to an agreement, but I was none too happy with the attitude.
Always get a Carvana and Vroom quote as backup for negotiating trade price with a dealer. Also to the OP take a hard pass on dealer markup. Vehicle is popular but inventory is starting to build. Check out RODO for discounted BSā€™s in your area.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
We placed our order 2 weeks ago with no mark-up and a very fair trade offer. Very pleased with the dealership. Try another dealership maybe.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex

Use Cars.com and search the distance you would travel. I will tell you if you look in the Kansas city area you will find a dealership that sells all of their vehicle at $50 above invoice.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Always get a Carvana and Vroom quote as backup for negotiating trade price with a dealer. Also to the OP take a hard pass on dealer markup. Vehicle is popular but inventory is starting to build. Check out RODO for discounted BSā€™s in your area.
I would never use carvana. You want carmax. Carvana really lowballs valuations! The worst!

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Oh no, I'm sorry! I ordered way back in August but I have confirmed with my dealer that they will not be adjusting the price of mine and at least on their website any that they have gotten in over the last month they have not increased the price.
Oof! No way. Iā€™m paying what the Ford website says. If they ask a penny more, Iā€™ll walk out. It already includes a big ā€œdestination feeā€. Iā€™d check a different dealer if you have one nearby.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
For me Vroom was $2k higher than Carmax, Carvana and the dealer.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
For me Vroom was $2k higher than Carmax, Carvana and the dealer.
Dealer gave me best deal. Carvana was $4K less! Carmax was several hundred less.

OP
OP
Excape

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Also to the OP take a hard pass on dealer markup. Vehicle is popular but inventory is starting to build. Check out RODO for discounted BSā€™s in your area.
Right, I wasn't even remotely considering the markup. I understand sticking to MSRP due to the supply and demand, but not a markup for a very temporary situation. Once inventory builds and stabilizes, there will be incentives. even if modest. This is not the ultra-hyped Bronco, and can only ride's its coattails for so long.
Nevertheless, it is a very desirable vehicle and hopefully I can work a fair deal. If not, I could buy the RAV4 Adventure and trade later. The Toyota will hold its value and the Bronco Sport's option packages may improve.

OP
OP
Excape

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Since I had originally requested an online quote for this vehicle, mainly to inquire about availability, Ford sent me a survey about the experience.

I basically answered their questions, explaining that I never received an electronic quote, rather the dealer wanted me to come in, which I did. I followed-up up with my frustration of driving 30 miles to get told about the mandatory markup. Not sure if it matters to them, but at least I gave them an honest assessment of my experience. The dealers are the face of Ford, the customer-facing representatives.
Sponsored

Last edited: