MagnaFlow Sport Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust for 2.0L Bronco Sport [Sound Clip]

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

MagnaFlow Ford Bronco Sport Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System #19553 for the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport compatible with 1.5L and 2.0L EcoBoost engine options utilizing MagnaFlow’s No Drone Technology (NDT)keeps unwanted noises in check at lower engine speeds.

This 2021 Ford Bronco Sport exhaust system features mandrel bent, 2.5” diameter tubing that flows through an NDT resonator and a straight-through muffler before terminating in a dual exit layout with 4” diameter black chrome finished tips. The entire exhaust kit was created using CNC precision robotic manufacturing and durable 100% stainless steel construction. Exhaust system #19533 is covered by MagnaFlow’s limited lifetime warranty.

MagnaFlow Ford Bronco Sport Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System is compatible with:

2021 Ford Bronco Sport L4 2.0L
2021 Ford Bronco Sport L3 1.5L
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
never been disappointed by Magnaflow products. not sure what those pops were though.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Not real sure which sound clip is the 1.5L and which is the 2.0L. I'm sure the two sound quite different. .

Last edited:

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Installing my new MagnaFlow exhaust (part # 19553) on my '22 OB this weekend.
Seems pretty straight forward with only 1 pipe being cut for the installation, and 2 clamps. I will post my thoughts afterwards in case anyone else is interested

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
Not real sure which sound clip is the 1.5L and which is the 2.0L. I'm sure the two sound quite different. .
The first 30secs are the 2.0. Look at the top left of the video, it switches between L4 (2.0) and L3 (1.5)

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
That’s a lot of chip for some sound. They make good stuff, but damn.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had this exhaust installed and it sounds nothing like the video clip, and IMO sounds worse than the factory exhaust. Now I know that exhaust sound is extremely subjective to the owners ears, but this very expensive exhaust sounds flat out bad to me.
I am in conversations w/Magnaflow right now on working out a return/refund scenario

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Post your own video of it so we can hear it in the wild and not on the manufacturers site.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Post your own video of it so we can hear it in the wild and not on the manufacturers site.
Sorry already removed the exhaust, it really was that bad (not really an exhaust just a muffler and tips w/ a connecting pipe)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
never been disappointed by Magnaflow products. not sure what those pops were though.
Exhaust popping when you close the throttle (take your foot off the accelerator) is pretty common with turbocharged engines. One of the drawbacks of turbos is a phenomenon called "lag." Most turbocharged engines do not make significant power until the turbine is spooled up and providing boost. The time between when you open the throttle and the turbo makes significant boost pressure is called turbo lag.

Manufacturers incorporate a number of design elements to mitigate/prevent turbo lag. For example, when you close the throttle there is still a lot of pressurized air in the intake system between the turbocharger compressor and the throttle plate that pushes back against the compressor blades slowing them down. To mitigate this your engine utilizes a recirculation or bypass valve. This valve opens when you close the throttle, thereby depressurizing the intake system. The pressurized air is recirculated back into the unpressurized side of the intake system (ahead of the turbo).

So what does this have to do with the popping? Glad you asked! Another mitigation strategy involves ignition and valve timing. When you close the throttle you drastically reduce the amount of hot exhaust gases coming from the cylinders. It's these gases that provide power to spin the turbine in the turbocharger. Without hot exhaust gases pushing it, the turbine immediately begins slowing. To mitigate this, the PCM delays ignition until the exhaust valve is open. This allows some of the still-burning mixture to get into the space between the exhaust valve and the turbocharger to provide a bit more energy (heat) to maintain turbine speed. It also increases the noise transmitted through the exhaust system. You don't hear these noises as much with the stock exhaust because it was designed to absorb them, but if you listen closely you can hear them. Listen closely as the throttle is closed in the "before" portion of this comparison between the stock and MBRP cat-back exhaust systems for the EcoBoost Mustang:

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Sorry already removed the exhaust, it really was that bad (not really an exhaust just a muffler and tips w/ a connecting pipe)
Did you ever get your refund from Magnaflow?

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get your refund from Magnaflow?
Partially yes, I received some money back (plus a credit)from the distributor I bought it from and some back from Magnalfow, which combined covered about 70% of what I paid
Sponsored