Made a Deposit on a 2022

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I was at my local dealer for service and went by the sales department afterwards. I inquired when I could place an order for a 2022 Badlands and if my X-Plan would apply. Was told that X-Plan is good and I could make a deposit now for when the ordering window opens 8/31. So I made a refundable deposit on a BL/BL with their estimate of delivery within 4 months. That's all I know, but figured it was worth a try as I badly need a replacement vehicle.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was at my local dealer for service and went by the sales department afterwards. I inquired when I could place an order for a 2022 Badlands and if my X-Plan would apply. Was told that X-Plan is good and I could make a deposit now for when the ordering window opens 8/31. So I made a refundable deposit on a BL/BL with their estimate of delivery within 4 months. That's all I know, but figured it was worth a try as I badly need a replacement vehicle.
based on Toyota cutting 40% of production estimates for September, if you need a replacement vehicle, I'd suggest locating a Badlands and perhaps giving up some wants to get what you can. Everyone has a line in the sand, so whatever that may be, that's just a personal perspective watching people bail out left and right lately with all the delays.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Not likely Ford can build deliver a loaded BL in four months. Global supply chain issues are not showing any signs of improvements. Go to Ford web site search inventory for incoming unit if you need a vehicle soon. I doubt Ford can deliver you a '22 BL this year most likely well into next year is how long it would take. And even if they can build it there is chance it could be missing part and sent to yard to sit for several months waiting. So not a good plan if you are in need of vehicle soon.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
well that's exciting! congrats and i hope it goes quick and smooth for ya!

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Nice, sounds like we'll know what if any changes to expect for the 22 MY.

Dealers taking reservations also puts to rest the rumor that Badlands would be dropped.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
That's very optimistic since Job #1 isn't until 11/1. Drop the BL package and you might have a chance. I'm ordering a Badlands without the BL package as soon as the oder banks open end of this month. Also, I live in the Phoenix area so mine doesn't have to travel very far.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nice, sounds like we'll know what if any changes to expect for the 22 MY.

Dealers taking reservations also puts to rest the rumor that Badlands would be dropped.
I mean it’s a dealership that makes most of their money on sales… they saw an opportunity to get a deposit and took it. Dealerships don’t necessarily know everything, I mean that’s obvious they told this dude they could get him a badlands with badlands package in 4 months LOL

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If you want that cargo management system in the back, you better modify your order. It's $110.00 now vs. $1k later in trunk modifications if you decide you want it later. Don't sleep on this.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I mean it’s a dealership that makes most of their money on sales… they saw an opportunity to get a deposit and took it. Dealerships don’t necessarily know everything, I mean that’s obvious they told this dude they could get him a badlands with badlands package in 4 months LOL
Dealerships do not make most of their money selling new and used vehicles.

Most of their money is made in the service, parts and body shops.

OP
OP
Econoline

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I made a refundable deposit on a BL with their estimate of delivery within 4 months.
Got a call from the dealer today with VIN and estimated delivery of "mid-December" (2021 I hope)

kvenerable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have an Outer Banks, just ordered BL from same dealer I got the OB from. I wanted “Rapid Red” like my OB, but is is not available on 22’s, the new red is “hot pepper”…. They are guessing Jan/Feb delivery. They were right last time.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have an Outer Banks, just ordered BL from same dealer I got the OB from. I wanted “Rapid Red” like my OB, but is is not available on 22’s, the new red is “hot pepper”…. They are guessing Jan/Feb delivery. They were right last time.
Yeah I am thinkg Jan Feb also for the one I have scheduled for 11.22 as ten to 1 our dates will slide to accomodate the June desert group.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Got a call from the dealer today with VIN and estimated delivery of "mid-December" (2021 I hope)
What is your order date and production date?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Dealerships do not make most of their money selling new and used vehicles.

Most of their money is made in the service, parts and body shops.
I am guessing that is why someday Ford dealers will probably be almost all special order with a few lot cars and demo test drive cars and their main business will be service, parts and body work. . Ford wants to move to an order model. MAkes more sense since everything is sold as soon as they build it. No wasted chips

OP
OP
Econoline

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is your order date and production date?
Order went in 9/1, don’t know production date yet, dealer just said expect delivery mid-Dec.
Sponsored