Lucked out today

Clockman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really lucked out today. I’ve been checking the order tracker for months, my order was placed in March and has been pushed back repeatedly. Last week the ETA was 12/23. I called the dealer today and asked for my deposit back on the badlands I had ordered . I also inquired about a 2020 Kona they had for sale. My salesperson said they would call me back and let me know if the Kona was still available. 7 minutes later I got a call from my salesperson and was informed that although not the Badlands I had ordered, a Bronco Sport was due to arrive next week and it’s the same color. I was told it was ordered for a customer that had recently backed out. I stopped by the dealer and asked them how likely it would be that it actually shows up. I was told it was completed and was just waiting to be transported to the dealer. So my new Bronco Sport is going to be a OB , many more upgrades than I had originally planned on , but I will at least have the car before winter starts. I would suggest those of you that have watched your end dates being pushed back to call the dealer, maybe you will get lucky and fall into a Bronco Sport someone else backed out of
Sponsored

OP
OP

Clockman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really lucked out today. I’ve been checking the order tracker for months, my order was placed in March and has been pushed back repeatedly. Last week the ETA was 12/23. I called the dealer today and asked for my deposit back on the badlands I had ordered . I also inquired about a 2020 Kona they had for sale. My salesperson said they would call me back and let me know if the Kona was still available. 7 minutes later I got a call from my salesperson and was informed that although not the Badlands I had ordered, a Bronco Sport was due to arrive next week and it’s the same color. I was told it was ordered for a customer that had recently backed out. I stopped by the dealer and asked them how likely it would be that it actually shows up. I was told it was completed and was just waiting to be transported to the dealer. So my new Bronco Sport is going to be a OB , many more upgrades than I had originally planned on , but I will at least have the car before winter starts. I would suggest those of you that have watched your end dates being pushed back to call the dealer, maybe you will get lucky and fall into a Bronco Sport someone else backed out of
EDIT: Oops I was waiting on a Big Bend, not a Badlands. By the way both my Big Bend and my new OB were ordered in March

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
This is very similar to how I got my Badlands... Got a text one day from the dealer about someone who had backed out. That evening I was driving it off the lot.

Ford Bronco Sport Lucked out today 20211022_150119[1]
Nice score. You got the upgraded wheels and tires. Man, that’s even the same color (Cactus Grey) as mine. That color hides a lot of dirt. I went offroading and had mud splatters all the way up onto the roof. I took photos of the Badlands and the splatters didn’t show up. I wanted to show my neighbors, but it rained like crazy on the way home. Sigh!

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Congrats man, that's actually how I ended up with my BL, someone backed out of their order.

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In my search for a cyber orange Badlands I was calling all over the east coast. Was able to put my names on a couple dealer order lists and did get similar call back from salespeople. I wound up going with something closer to my build in a different color.
enjoy your new vehicle!

MAJB Retired

Big Bend
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch, Jeep Renegade, Bronco Sport
I wasn't even looking for a BS, but fell into a BB at the dealer back in April. Been pleased with it ever sense

militaryhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Dude! Congrats. I am stationed in Korea until December and really wanted this car. The few dealers that had one with everything I wanted wouldn't sell the car if I couldn't wet sign documents.

Long story short-ish, I found one in Cactus Gray (my 1st choice) with ALMOST everything I wanted at a GREAT price. Someone had canceled their order. Thank goodness for those people. Haha congrats man. Hope u love it. Can't wait to drive mine.

VestigeOfHope

Badlands
First Name
Bryndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice score. You got the upgraded wheels and tires. Man, that’s even the same color (Cactus Grey) as mine. That color hides a lot of dirt. I went offroading and had mud splatters all the way up onto the roof. I took photos of the Badlands and the splatters didn’t show up. I wanted to show my neighbors, but it rained like crazy on the way home. Sigh!
I had a similar experience about a week ago

Ford Bronco Sport Lucked out today 20211106_110659
Sponsored