kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Has anyone tried the low resistance tires like used on the hybrids to see if fuel economy can be improved?
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I believe most people on the board have installed more aggressive tires including myself which would typically degrade the fuel mileage.
Yes fuel efficient or low rolling resistance tires can help with fuel economy somewhere in the 2-4% range depending on the vehicle and in ideal conditions.
You can also help yourself by keeping your vehicle maintained, keeping your tires correctly inflated and watching your driving habits. Driving conditions have a huge effect on fuel mileage.
I didn't particularly purchase my Badlands for fuel mileage though it is decent for the type of vehicle it is.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I agree that thinner sidewall and less-traction are not what most of us are seeking, but OP question is interesting. Since there is no real definition of what qualifies as a low resistant tire, many articles, like on tire discount site, have claimed the tires that come with a vehicle are often the most fuel-efficient. I gave no idea if that’d be true on a Sport though.
Sponsored