Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hello all!

I am looking to get some crossbars so that I can mount a roof top tent to my Big Bend. I've noticed a lot of the more commonly posted cross bars add several inches to the height of the vehicle, seemingly unnecessarily. Are any of you aware of any crossbars that do not add significant height to the vehicle? I'm aware of the low profile roof racks like yucca manufacturing, I love the look of them but unfortunately they are a bit out of my price range :)

If you have any tips, tricks, or advice for RTTs I'd love to hear them as well. It'll be my first one, and I'm very excited.

Thank you very much!
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello all!

I am looking to get some crossbars so that I can mount a roof top tent to my Big Bend. I've noticed a lot of the more commonly posted cross bars add several inches to the height of the vehicle, seemingly unnecessarily. Are any of you aware of any crossbars that do not add significant height to the vehicle? I'm aware of the low profile roof racks like yucca manufacturing, I love the look of them but unfortunately they are a bit out of my price range :)

If you have any tips, tricks, or advice for RTTs I'd love to hear them as well. It'll be my first one, and I'm very excited.

Thank you very much!
Most low profiles won't support the weight of a RTT(my RTT weighs 110lbs) I went with the Yakima thru Ford and saved $$$.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/yakima-roof-racks-up.2954/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/yakima-skyrise-hd-rooftop-tent.3107/

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
The Thule HD crossbars are relatively low-profile and they can be found on Ford's accessory website for the Bronco and Bronco sport to order. The load is 160 lbs. Also, you can use your points from purchasing the Bronco Sport to purchase accessories rather than using them on service appointments. You should have at least $420 worth of points from your purchase.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Are your bars the 50" or 60" wide?
I went with the 60' so I can fit the narrow yakima basket with the RTT and then a shower as well. You can see my pics they don't overhang too bad imo.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
waiting on the thule evo wingbars and feet w/locks. should be in this week.
we have a 2 person smittybuilt rtt.
bought thru a local performance shop. about $200 less than the ford yakima setup, however i kinda wish i stayed all ford.
i’ll see once the parts come in

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
waiting on the thule evo wingbars and feet w/locks. should be in this week.
we have a 2 person smittybuilt rtt.
bought thru a local performance shop. about $200 less than the ford yakima setup, however i kinda wish i stayed all ford.
i’ll see once the parts come in
My buddy has the 2 person smittybuilt on his Tacoma and he loves it; very spacious.

OP
OP

pveneto

Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thank you for all of the input. I just took arrival of the Thule HD kit from the ford accessory site. They only add ~2" to the height of the vehicle, and are very quiet, much quieter than some square bars I have borrowed in the past. Figured I'd post the contents because its pretty vague on Ford's site.
  • 135mm Wingbar EVO, black
  • Rapid crossroad, black
  • 4x Thule keys
Direct through Thule this costs ~$520 pretax and shipping. Got the whole kit and caboodle for $330 pretax at a local dealership. Not a bad deal!
Sponsored