Love the thing but have a couple y dislikes

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
My only complaint is the gas I have to put in it to keep it running costs too much.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My gripe with the key fob is there is no dedicated spot to put it. And since I’m WFH and am lazy I’m almost always wearing gym shorts and it’ll fall out of those while driving in the abyss that is between the console and driver seat.
I live in gym shorts. Get a small caribener clip...attach over the waistband... problem solved.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
1st, just give me a key. You've got to carry the large fob anyway. The keyless feature in all cars is just a gimmick.
You don't have to carry it, you can lock it inside the car if you want (see below).

2nd, it turning off at traffic lights just wears out the starter.
Everything I've read suggests the starting and charging systems are engineered to handle the additional stress of the auto stop/start system. Further, the system only activates when the engine is warmed up, and warmed up engines start almost instantaneously. If you have a link to data regarding your claim please share. Here's what I've read:

https://mechanicbase.com/electric/does-auto-start-stop-wear-out-engine-components/
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-advice/myth-busting-stop-start-damage-engine/
https://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/does-start-stop-wear-out-your-starter/
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/cars-start-stop-system-hurting-long-run/

There are literally dozens more like this.

And I don't think the entry panel key be oard works if you don't have the fob. So, what's the purpose?
Have you tried? Mine works just fine without the fob. You can't start the car without the fob, but you can certainly unlock/disable the alarm with the keypad.

One note of caution: If you decide to leave the fob in the car and lock it using the keypad (touch and hold buttons 7-8 and 9-0 simultaneously until you hear the locks actuate) you should know that if someone manages to get inside the car they will be able to disable the alarm and start the engine. The solution I've come up with when I want to lock the fob in the car is to use a Faraday pouch. This is a pouch that shields the RF signal from the fob so the car can't see it. I put the fob in the pouch, then place the pouch in an out-of-the-way place that won't be found by someone who just broke a window and is looking for valuables they can quickly grab. I recently installed a console vault in the center console, so that's where the pouch goes now when I lock it in the car.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My gripe with the key fob is there is no dedicated spot to put it. And since I’m WFH and am lazy I’m almost always wearing gym shorts and it’ll fall out of those while driving in the abyss that is between the console and driver seat.
Try using a cup holder. Or the phone charging mat, or the space next to it. 🤦‍♀️

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is the fob basic black, I mean couldn't they color match the fob to my paint while they're at it?? And what about those tow hooks...come on Ford!!
Amazon has fob covers to match. 😁 Well it matches my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Love the thing but have a couple y dislikes FE3D25C6-82F4-4B2D-845E-F5ABBAF4DB4F

Last edited:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But...but...it should come that way! #comeonFord! (Thick sarcasm)... appreciate the link😎
😆🤣😂 I’m not sure what color your Bronco is, but I agree with you.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another example of someone not reading the manual or bothering to do a quick search.
Or an example of playful banter between two Bronco owners. Maybe you missed it? 😂💙

Last edited:

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Try using a cup holder. Or the phone charging mat, or the space next to it. 🤦‍♀️
I know and this is an eccentric complaint meant to be humorous. Another car I drive had a key fob slot in the dash, a dedicated little home for the fob while driving.

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
1st, just give me a key. You've got to carry the large fob anyway. The keyless feature in all cars is just a gimmick.
2nd, it turning off at traffic lights just wears out the starter.
And I don't think the entry panel key be oard works if you don't have the fob. So, what's the purpose?
I love the idea of the fob, i feel like im finally with the times. you can turn off the auto shut off too, and im pretty sure they upgraded the starter for this feature. and the key pad does work without the fob nearby. otherwise whats the point of having it?