Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, I do have an Outer Banks. The kit came with different rubber pads that adapt to roof rails. They were a perfect fit.
So II finally decided on:

FengYu Roof Rack Cross Bars for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022, Aluminum Crossbars Roof Top Cargo Racks Luggage Ski Bike Snowboard Carrier, Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

They clearly state what models / Years they fit.

I'm sure others will fit too for the Outer Banks 2021 but I picked these since they looked stronger than others and especially they don't stick out beyond the roof and have a low profile. (my main objective is carrying a canoe) Also - a fraction of the snobby, ridiculously overpriced Thule or Rhino brands.

I installed them today ... fit like a glove with nice rubber pads built in top and bottom claw. Easy to install. Not sure what the difference is between the 21 and 22 but these fit my 21 Outer Banks perfectly.

Cheers
Sponsored

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

FengYu Roof Rack Cross Bars for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022, Aluminum Crossbars Roof Top Cargo Racks Luggage Ski Bike Snowboard Carrier, Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

I'm sure others will fit too for the Outer Banks 2021 but I picked these since they looked stronger than others and especially they don't stick out beyond the roof and have a low profile. (my main objective is carrying a canoe) Also - a fraction of the snobby, ridiculously overpriced Thule or Rhino brands.

I installed them today ... fit like a glove with nice rubber pads built in top and bottom claw. Easy to install. Not sure what the difference is between the 21 and 22 but these fit my 21 Outer Banks perfectly.

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0002-copy-

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0003-copy-

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0006-copy-

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0007-copy-

Cheer

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just installed some "universal" cross bars from Harbor Freight. They are 53" long, rated for 150#, and come ready to install for only $79. The only assembly was to adjust the over-hang, tighten the mounts, and tap in the end caps. Once on the car they seem really solid, and will certainly do what I need -- nothing fancy; also not $500-600.
I installed these on a Badlands with a moon roof, without a problem. Put the front bar just behind the glass on the closed moon roof; glass clears in all positions, though it might not go full open with a basket or object mounted. It looks like it would work in the "vent" position no matter what.
There is some overhang side-to-side as they come, but you could trim them prior to installation if it bothers you -- doesn't really bother me.
If all you need is some cross bars for once-in-a-while light use I can recommend these, and you can't beat the price!

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. thumbnail-2

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. thumbnail

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0002-copy-

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0003-copy-

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0006-copy-

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. bronco-roof-rack-2022_0007-copy-

Cheer

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger

Cheer
Glad you found ones you like, they look great and seem solid. That's what counts!

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
The roof bars were different on certain trims in '21.
Not to resurrect this thread, but would these fit on my '22 OB? The Amazon title says they won't, but I've seen multiple times in this threat that all the '22 rails are the same. I'm hoping these will work because it looks like the alternative is $100 more on Amazon.

EDIT: It's looking more and more like these won't work. I'm not fully knowledgable to explain why, but so many of these racks are differentiated as either "on road" or "off road." Here are a couple more examples that illustrate what I mean:

"ON ROAD"
"OFF ROAD"

Looking at the OMAC, they might be a good median between the two. Does anyone have these installed on their '22 OB?

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not to resurrect this thread, but would these fit on my '22 OB? The Amazon title says they won't, but I've seen multiple times in this threat that all the '22 rails are the same. I'm hoping these will work because it looks like the alternative is $100 more on Amazon.

EDIT: It's looking more and more like these won't work. I'm not fully knowledgable to explain why, but so many of these racks are differentiated as either "on road" or "off road." Here are a couple more examples that illustrate what I mean:

"ON ROAD"
"OFF ROAD"

Looking at the OMAC, they might be a good median between the two. Does anyone have these installed on their '22 OB?
Some have OMAC and are pleased with them. I'm still debating between Yuccamfg and a set of Rhino Rack bars.

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Some have OMAC and are pleased with them. I'm still debating between Yuccamfg and a set of Rhino Rack bars.
I ordered the omacdirectly from their site and it says they’ll be here tomorrow. I’ll have to report back if they fit, but if they don’t I’ll order $160 ones on Amazon specialized for my 22 Outer Banks.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered the omacdirectly from their site and it says they’ll be here tomorrow. I’ll have to report back if they fit, but if they don’t I’ll order $160 ones on Amazon specialized for my 22 Outer Banks.
Be warry of any of the oem style crossbars as they sit very high above the roof and nuke mpg.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Ordered a roof basket from Ramps, Carriers, Lifts, & More | Discount Ramps . Previously ordered car service ramps and a roof bag. Very pleased with their products.

Very pleased with the basket, too. Doesn’t use up a lot of the rooftop weight specification. Also had an extra 15% off.

Apex Deluxe Steel Roof Cargo Basket with Wind Fairing - 47-1/4"L x 36-1/2"W x 5" | Discount Ramps

Really well made. The $499 basket from Rhino-Racks: #RMCB01 - XTray Small | (rhinorack.com).

Parts and directions are the same:

ER-08208S-DOC__1.pdf (discountramps.com)

Rhino-Rack - Fitting Instructions - Accessories - RMCB01 (rhinorack.com)

Last edited:

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Here’s the OMAC installed. Will probably make a separate post after actually loading them up, but so far so good. Installing them was more complicated and frustrating than I anticipated but I got it figured out. Have noticed a little bit of noise with them as well.

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 7554D9AA-C6E0-4B8B-A250-89E8FCB92344
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 54FA7EDB-E8EC-496A-8892-0D324E90D384

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Do you have Outer Banks? I don't understand why this style of bars say they are not for BL OB or FE, I thought width was the same on all models
Anyone else laugh at the fact the picture is of a Badlands on several that say they don’t fit Badlands?

Last edited:

bucking915

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I did Harbor Frieght bars and basket. Wish the bars were black but so far no issues.

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 20220929_204213

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 20220929_210823

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Here’s the OMAC installed. Will probably make a separate post after actually loading them up, but so far so good. Installing them was more complicated and frustrating than I anticipated but I got it figured out. Have noticed a little bit of noise with them as well.

Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 7554D9AA-C6E0-4B8B-A250-89E8FCB92344
Ford Bronco Sport Lost in a sea of cross bars and roof racks. 54FA7EDB-E8EC-496A-8892-0D324E90D384
I ordered some OMAC bars for my 23 OBX. The OMAC site said they worked on the vehicle but the 2 identical bars that arrived would not allow the clamps to be set close enough together to fit on the BS rails. SO close on the front but not even in the ballpark at the rear. Waiting to hear back from OMAC on return and replacement options.

JayMan77

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands; 2022 Bronco Badlands
I also ordered the Omac bars for my wife’s 21 BS Badlands. I ran into the same issues as SeaJay. They do not fit. I’ve been battling Omac for almost 3 weeks to get a return label. They refuse to believe that they simply do not work with the BS, at least the Badlands. I’ve sent them multiple emails and pictures. They ignore evidence and just repeat the same nonsense. The quality of the bars are good, but they clearly do not know anything about what they are selling. Terrible customer service and a dishonest company to deal with. I had to contact my credit company to challenge the charge and they credited my account while investigating my fraud claim.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
Jeez, I had a much better customer service rep. They insisted on a picture of the non-fit, but once I sent it I got a return label and they are trying to find a bar that will work for my needs. (no luck yet?) I was just after some all metal bars that I can toss on to to strap some lumber on now and then. Don't want the rubber strip and/or slot in the top that will tear up over time. OMAC had the right bar at the right price. If they fit. I saw some self made bars out of uni-strut and u-bolts in another thread and am getting tempted to develop that idea a little further to work for me without scarring up my rails. I can look ugly to Home Depot and back.
Sponsored