Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have been kicking around the idea of making my own CMS. My original idea is a 4 legged frame built from square tubing, either 3/4" or 1" and would sit on the cargo mat. On top of the frame would be a split folding shelf where the back half could fold onto the front half for access to underneath. I don't need a pull out work surface like the Ford system.
The entire contraption would have to be easily removed for spare tire access.
I haven't had good luck finding a reasonably priced square tubing system that includes 3 way connectors, end caps, etc.
The shelf would probably be made of plywood with a non-slip rubber or plastic surface glued on.
Let's hear your ideas, maybe we can get something going!
Joe in NH
kodiakbear
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I have been kicking around the idea of making my own CMS. My original idea is a 4 legged frame built from square tubing, either 3/4" or 1" and would sit on the cargo mat. On top of the frame would be a split folding shelf where the back half could fold onto the front half for access to underneath. I don't need a pull out work surface like the Ford system.
The entire contraption would have to be easily removed for spare tire access.
I haven't had good luck finding a reasonably priced square tubing system that includes 3 way connectors, end caps, etc.
The shelf would probably be made of plywood with a non-slip rubber or plastic surface glued on.
Let's hear your ideas, maybe we can get something going!
Joe in NH
kodiakbear
Pvc.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yours sounds way stronger than the Ford solution. The CMS is rated for, what, 100 lbs? I bet if you got adventurous with a small angle iron or aluminum piece and a handful of pop rivits, you could attach a rail back there to the sidewall and pillar. Then you can make a fabric hinge for a sheet of split MDF and cover it.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I was looking on Amazon and saw a ton of ideas that could be easily worked from some shelf/cargo systems for Jeeps. The second one could be a rear seat backside option.

Hooke Road Foldaway Cargo Cover Storage Basket Rack Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK 4-Door Hardtop 2015 2016 2017 2018 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099KTV7S2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VD529FX9696ATSMF6CCJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Voodonala for Jeep Tailgate Tool Kit Storage Bag Organizer Racks for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK JKU 2018-2019 JL JLU, Canvas, 3PCS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085NJP9R8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_AHWS8DJBBF3HSM1ZS114?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Have you thought about going to your local salvage yard and getting a shade an clips from a junked Escape and then trying to incorporate that system to the Bronco Somehow ???
Sponsored