Looking for a replacement for the flimsy wheel inner panels.

Broncolove

Big Bend
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Has anyone noticed the "carpet-like" material the wheel inner panels are? I look in numerous sites for a stronger type but was not able to find any. Please let me know if you hear of any out there.
Thanks
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Has anyone noticed the "carpet-like" material the wheel inner panels are? I look in numerous sites for a stronger type but was not able to find any. Please let me know if you hear of any out there.
Thanks
For the record my daughter has a 20 year old beetle with the same "flimsy" material it's a lot better than you think. Worst case find plastic liners for an escape. That might be an alternative.
The OEM sound deaden and are really dirt resistant and absorb rather than crack fwiw.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I noticed my 2016 F250 has them in the Front , they still look like new & water just flows off them .

Last edited:

BroncoNerd

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve been diligent of making sure I clean all the mud and gunk off them with my hose after going off pavement. No problems yet. But I have seen how the mud leaks through between the wheel arches and floor/bottom skirt plastic pieces when I shoot the hose up there

OP
OP
Broncolove

Broncolove

Big Bend
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
For the record my daughter has a 20 year old beetle with the same "flimsy" material it's a lot better than you think. Worst case find plastic liners for an escape. That might be an alternative.
The OEM sound deaden and are really dirt resistant and absorb rather than crack fwiw.
Oh, that's good to hear. I always thought they should be as hard or "strong" as possible, but I guess prefer if they help with the noise and also don't crack. thanks

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
When I saw them in her beetle I was like
Oh, that's good to hear. I always thought they should be as hard or "strong" as possible, but I guess prefer if they help with the noise and also don't crack. thanks
When I saw my daughter's beetle I was a bit weary. After the first wash I was like...yeah Germans are smart.
Sponsored