Location of Oil Filter on 2.0L EcoBoost

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Badlands reservation holder here, so I get the 2.0L EB...where's the oil filter on this engine now (assuming no modifications to fit in the Bronco Sport)?

Asking since the Ranger's 2.3L EB has the oil filter behind the driver's side inner wheel well...
Sponsored

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Badlands reservation holder here, so I get the 2.0L EB...where's the oil filter on this engine now (assuming no modifications to fit in the Bronco Sport)?

Asking since the Ranger's 2.3L EB has the oil filter behind the driver's side inner wheel well...
And I was wondering if the skid plates, or "bash plates" as Ford likes to call them on the Badlands will make changing the oil and filter more difficult. Would one of those have to be removed first?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Following.
I am also interested in knowing how DIY some of the maintenance of these cars will be.
On my 2010 Escape I can DIY Oil, ATF changes, PTU and Diff fluids....

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Got to look today.
It will require removal of the sheet metal bash plate. That should be pretty straightforward.

The filter and drain are readily accessible at that point.

I saw $40 as the typical in dealer price. If so, that would be worth considering. I’m not seeing the oil and filter for less than that.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Got to look today.
It will require removal of the sheet metal bash plate. That should be pretty straightforward.

The filter and drain are readily accessible at that point.

I saw $40 as the typical in dealer price. If so, that would be worth considering. I’m not seeing the oil and filter for less than that.
Agreed. I've typically changed my own oil, it's not difficult until I encountered a skid plate on my current car. Takes the oil place about ten extra minutes working from a pit. I doubt it's difficult but $40 serviced ...just had my son's car done as we were short on time . They adjusted air pressure, topped off coolant, oil and filter, wiper fluid...$36 out the door. At this point if I have time I'll still do it. Dead of winter...hey Ford ...
Sponsored