Lit up like a Christmas Tree

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I stopped for gas. After driving 40 min home. Got back in to start and every light, bell and whistle went off. All safety came across as disabled on the screen... everything... the start button light flashed and the gear selector light was blinking too... it would not start. About 30 min later the roadside service got to me. I wanted to disconnect the battery before we did anything else. He said let see what’s going on inside. He sat down and asked for my key fob.
Guess what!!! Started right up...
any ideas what it was or what I did to make it happen?? Drove it home and 40 miles to work today. No issue except the back up camera stays on in drive. I can just x it out and am sure there is a timer somewhere to adjust the amount of time it stays on. Any thoughts as to what it was?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I stopped for gas. After driving 40 min home. Got back in to start and every light, bell and whistle went off. All safety came across as disabled on the screen... everything... the start button light flashed and the gear selector light was blinking too... it would not start. About 30 min later the roadside service got to me. I wanted to disconnect the battery before we did anything else. He said let see what’s going on inside. He sat down and asked for my key fob.
any ideas what it was or what I did to make it happen?? Drove it home and 40 miles to work today. No issue except the back up camera stays on in drive. I can just x it out and am sure there is a timer somewhere to adjust the amount of time it stays on. Any thoughts as to what it was?
Hacked by the NSA... Or a glitch in a harness/module. Yeah probably worth seeing your dealer for fault codes.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Drove it home and 40 miles to work today. No issue except the back up camera stays on in drive. I can just x it out and am sure there is a timer somewhere to adjust the amount of time it stays on. Any thoughts as to what it was?
Still ailing, take her in.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Don't disconnect the battery before the dealer gets to pull the trouble codes, let him see what happened . It will be tough to troubleshoot if the codes are gone , depending on what happened disconnecting the battery my clear some or all important codes.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Now that sounds very suspicious........ many components on different relays......

OP
OP

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the don’t disconnect the battery??
I've driven 150 miles now and nothing.... it’s like it didn’t happen. All is normal so far.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for the don’t disconnect the battery??
I've driven 150 miles now and nothing.... it’s like it didn’t happen. All is normal so far.
You can actually stop by AutoZone/etc most have a code scanner. Unless it's just easier to go to the dealer, probably going to have a better idea.

OP
OP

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
As long as it’s stays good I’ll have it checked at the next oil change August 17th. I have an appointment on the July 27th just incase it acts up again this weekend. I hope to cancel that one. It’s a great ride!!! Just a-little wild that day. ?

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Went crazy for about 15 minutes, said just about every system on the car was failing, then fixed itself and drove fine. I took it to the dealer, they said there were over 20 codes in the system. Kept it for 5 days, consulted Ford engineering on it, but couldn’t recreate the problem. I had just gone thru a car wash, so that was a possibility that water got in a connector and caused the glitch.

Take it in, if for no other reason to have it documented. Could be important if warranty work is required at a later date.

OP
OP

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Went crazy for about 15 minutes, said just about every system on the car was failing, then fixed itself and drove fine. I took it to the dealer, they said there were over 20 codes in the system. Kept it for 5 days, consulted Ford engineering on it, but couldn’t recreate the problem. I had just gone thru a car wash, so that was a possibility that water got in a connector and caused the glitch.

Take it in, if for no other reason to have it documented. Could be important if warranty work is required at a later date.
Sounds very much what I experienced but no water... still going g no problems. Didn’t take it in yet oil change 17 August. I’ll tell them then unless it shows it’s face again.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just happened to me today. After 5 minutes or so I double clicked the starter button and it started right up. Took it to the dealer for a scan and the only code was a lost communication error. Service rep says that usually indicates a faulty battery. However they checked the battery and it was fine.

OP
OP

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just happened to me today. After 5 minutes or so I double clicked the starter button and it started right up. Took it to the dealer for a scan and the only code was a lost communication error. Service rep says that usually indicates a faulty battery. However they checked the battery and it was fine.
I have had​

OP
OP

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve had ZERO problems since!!!!
I go in Tuesday just to see...
Love my Bronco Sport!!!!
Thanks for letting me know.

OP
OP

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Took BS in yesterday. Have not had another problem and they could not find where I ever had a problem soooooo We are all good for now! 15000 miles, average 26 mph....
Sponsored