Cpt.Diabetes

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m really interested in getting a light bar and cowls on my bb. Ever since I saw the rigid industries stuff I’m curious what else might be out there and look good on the BS. Has anyone installed any yet? I must see pics for inspiration!
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m really interested in getting a light bar and cowls on my bb. Ever since I saw the rigid industries stuff I’m curious what else might be out there and look good on the BS. Has anyone installed any yet? I must see pics for inspiration!
A cowl like over a pickup windshield?

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
It can interfere with the sensor(s) on the front of the vehicle. It seems that some people have problems while others don’t.
Wow. I thought is was the least obtrusive. And would not be. Food for thought.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
It can interfere with the sensor(s) on the front of the vehicle. It seems that some people have problems while others don’t.
FYI. I called them and they have it on a first edition with the 360+. They said they have not had any issues or heard of any. FWIW.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI. I called them and they have it on a first edition with the 360+. They said they have not had any issues or heard of any. FWIW.
As I said, some have had issues and others have not. I don’t know what the difference is between those two groups. If you buy one, it is apparently a roll of the dice.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I like the R.I. light bar for its sleek close to the body look. I put one on my BB at the beginning of May and have over 10k miles with it. No problem ever with my 360+. I would pull it off it interfered with adaptive cruise, and I couldn't figure why.

Ford Bronco Sport Light bars or cowls anyone? DSC07988 (1).JPG

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
As I said, some have had issues and others have not. I don’t know what the difference is between those two groups. If you buy one, it is apparently a roll of the dice.
The one from rangerlift looks like a better option posibly. It sits just a little lower.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one from rangerlift looks like a better option posibly. It sits just a little lower.
I like the Rally Innovations light bar, but I don’t understand why it comes up so high. I mean it covers some of the vent openings. Two inches shorter and it would probably be perfect. What I would really want to do is to replace the horizontal bar with a light bar. That would be money!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I like the Rally Innovations light bar, but I don’t understand why it comes up so high. I mean it covers some of the vent openings. Two inches shorter and it would probably be perfect. What I would really want to do is to replace the horizontal bar with a light bar. That would be money!
I was wondering if them or I could drill the holes a little lower to solve that exact problem.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was wondering if them or I could drill the holes a little lower to solve that exact problem.

That could be done. The bar is held on each side with 2 bolts. One goes all the way thru you see in the pic I posted. The other is about a inch lower inside the risers. You could use the lower hole for the top, drill a new outside plate hole to match and a new lower hole. There is a spacer not too far down from the lower hole, you may be able to go a little lower by redrilling all the holes.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
That could be done. The bar is held on each side with 2 bolts. One goes all the way thru you see in the pic I posted. The other is about a inch lower inside the risers. You could use the lower hole for the top, drill a new outside plate hole to match and a new lower hole. There is a spacer not too far down from the lower hole, you may be able to go a little lower by redrilling all the holes.
Thats kinda what I was wondering/thinking.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I almost did a light bar with mine. That bar makes the setup rigid. It is also curved. You can definitely hang a light bar from it. The right light bar, a little imagination and skill you could def replace the original cross bar with a light bar. I fabbed up custom brackets my lights hang on that bolt right to the bar to get desired spacing.
Sponsored