North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Lifted Bronco Sport ideas have been discussed in several different threads, from the factory showing 1" lifts to renderings showing more extreme 3" aftermarket lifts, Bronco Sport Raptor anyone, lets just call it the Saptor. I've started this thread to continue these discussions to keep the Bronco Sport White Top Option thread dedicated to that subject. Starting at post #2 below are the lifted posts and a continuation of those discussions.

Here are the factory 1" lift ideas:
Introducing the Bronco Sport Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol Concept
Introducing the Bronco Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept
Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Bronco Sport - Factory 1" - Saptor or 3" Aftermarket 2021-bronco-first-ride-along-event-9-

And user @Thatch created a nice looking Bronco Sport
OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread
Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Bronco Sport - Factory 1" - Saptor or 3" Aftermarket Thatch BroncoSptacc - Copy
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here is a render someone did a while back of a raptor bronco sport. I like the look of this, especially with the body colored roof, a, c, and d pillars.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Bronco Sport - Factory 1" - Saptor or 3" Aftermarket 1600008504002

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Here is a render someone did a while back of a raptor bronco sport. I like the look of this, especially with the body colored roof, a, c, and d pillars.

View attachment 4020
Tdubz, do you have a link to the original render? I'm curious what the specs were. The lift, tire size, getting rid of the silly front plastic bumper, getting rid of the side skirt cladding and what looks like rock rails. The only improvements would be faux-steelies, getting rid of the fat-bottomed plastic rear bumper, and perhaps a safari style add-on to the front bumper. Is that Velocity Blue? I would like to see it in Alto Blue.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tdubz, do you have a link to the original render? I'm curious what the specs were. The lift, tire size, getting rid of the silly front plastic bumper, getting rid of the side skirt cladding and what looks like rock rails. The only improvements would be faux-steelies, getting rid of the fat-bottomed plastic rear bumper, and perhaps a safari style add-on to the front bumper. Is that Velocity Blue? I would like to see it in Alto Blue.
Nevermind, Tdubz. I found the article with the renderings. In the article, they have a rear-view rendering with the plastic rear bumper replaced with steel. I like it overall. But I don't like the branding on the rear-view. Still need the faux-steelies for my taste.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The article confuses facts about the the Bronco and Bronco Sport, citing the Bronco engine and a picture of a lifted Bronco Sport.

You do realize you can't, economically, lift a unibody vehicle, right?

This is just another example of a clickbait article on a clickbait website.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The article confuses facts about the the Bronco and Bronco Sport, citing the Bronco engine and a picture of a lifted Bronco Sport.

You do realize you can't, economically, lift a unibody vehicle, right?

This is just another example of a clickbait article on a clickbait website.
I think everyone accepts that the article and renderings are fantasy. As far as lifting unibody vehicles, it is done all the time. Can't use a body lift for obvious reasons (frame and body are one, hence unibody). But suspension lifts are implemented on unibody vehicles all the time.

Even if someone doesn't want a lifted Sport with large wheels, the renderings are worth it showing the elimination of the plastic bumpers and cladding.

I'm still waiting on the B/P on the Bronco for the hope that the CG concept is an option. If it's not and there is possibility of it in 2022, then my fallback is the Sport. One of the first things, I would like to do is tear off that plastic crap.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I think everyone accepts that the article and renderings are fantasy. As far as lifting unibody vehicles, it is done all the time. Can't use a body lift for obvious reasons (frame and body are one, hence unibody). But suspension lifts are implemented on unibody vehicles all the time.

Even if someone doesn't want a lifted Sport with large wheels, the renderings are worth it showing the elimination of the plastic bumpers and cladding.

I'm still waiting on the B/P on the Bronco for the hope that the CG concept is an option. If it's not and there is possibility of it in 2022, then my fallback is the Sport. One of the first things, I would like to do is tear off that plastic crap.
Interesting, I've not seen many lifted unibodies, just the one off custom ones. Do you have some examples or pictures, just trying to learn, thanks

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe it or not but there is some sub-set culture that are lifting Outbacks. I drive a 2003 Jeep Liberty- only 85K miles. I've babied it. Never had a reason to lift it as the 4wd is more than adequate to get around the beach. But I'm bored with it and also realize that I won't get much in trade on a 17 year old vehicle. It has started me in thinking to covert it into a nice overlanding rig. It would start with tearing off the plastic bumpers that I hate and applying a 4" suspension lift. The lift alone would be close to $1k (parts/labor). Your statement earlier is true in that it can't be done economically, but it can be done. Of course, the biggest expense is paying the labor as it is beyond my skills.

Here is a link to an image search for Jeep Liberty lift kits

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Believe it or not but there is some sub-set culture that are lifting Outbacks. I drive a 2003 Jeep Liberty- only 85K miles. I've babied it. Never had a reason to lift it as the 4wd is more than adequate to get around the beach. But I'm bored with it and also realize that I won't get much in trade on a 17 year old vehicle. It has started me in thinking to covert it into a nice overlanding rig. It would start with tearing off the plastic bumpers that I hate and applying a 4" suspension lift. The lift alone would be close to $1k (parts/labor). Your statement earlier is true in that it can't be done economically, but it can be done. Of course, the biggest expense is paying the labor as it is beyond my skills.

Here is a link to an image search for Jeep Liberty lift kits
Very interesting, that's what forums are for, learning. Just the other day I was wondering if Quadratec would start carrying Bronco stuff, the first link, from your link, I hit was for the Liberty lift kit they sell. Now I have to wonder if they will have Bronco Sport lift kits after they have been out awhile. Thanks for the info.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/76117_8050.htm

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I fully expect that the aftermarket will supply the BS. With the BL + BL, Ford is even putting a 1" lift. My ex girlfriend from high school is a sales rep for Keystone Automotive. She is the one that first turned me on to the new Bronco as they are salivating at the new Bronco. The Sport won't be ignored either.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I fully expect that the aftermarket will supply the BS. With the BL + BL, Ford is even putting a 1" lift. My ex girlfriend from high school is a sales rep for Keystone Automotive. She is the one that first turned me on to the new Bronco as they are salivating at the new Bronco. The Sport won't be ignored either.
Ford needs to offer that 1” lift with the 31” tires as the bronco sports Sasquatch.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford needs to offer that 1” lift with the 31” tires as the bronco sports Sasquatch.
I would say the BL should have a standard 1" lift and the BL option be a 3" lift. The 1" is negligible but should be standard to distinguish itself from other trims as the BL also includes all the GOAT modes available in the Sport. A 3" lift (Sasquatch-lite) should be the option with larger tires. The aftermarket will be providing the options, but it would be nice to have it factory installed and covered under warranty.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I would say the BL should have a standard 1" lift and the BL option be a 3" lift. The 1" is negligible but should be standard to distinguish itself from other trims as the BL also includes all the GOAT modes available in the Sport. A 3" lift (Sasquatch-lite) should be the option with larger tires. The aftermarket will be providing the options, but it would be nice to have it factory installed and covered under warranty.
It will be interesting to see how the Bronco Sport would handle a 3" lift and what impact it will have on the CV joint, axle angles and other front end components.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see how the Bronco Sport would handle a 3" lift and what impact it will have on the CV joint, axle angles and other front end components.

There should always be that concern especially with unibody vehicles. Obviously, Ford felt that there is no compromise in the front-end components, handling, safety to offer a 1" lift. I would think 4" and higher aftermarket kits will indeed affect the aforementioned concerns. 3" would be (IMO) the max without compromising the durability and safety of the front-end components while also explicitly targeting a segment that wants a bridge between the lower trims of the BS and the Base Bronco.

GPW

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
I love the idea of 1" lift + 31" tires. Is that priced and done by the dealership, or does Ford offer that as an option? Wondering what that would cost.

I'm still considering a Bronco, but honestly the Sport is a more practical choice for me. I'd just like it have a more aggressive stance and sit a bit higher.
Sponsored