bdigna

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have had several times now where, after unlocking my BS with the FordPass app, I will get in the car and it will tell me that the "Lift Glass Ajar".
Every time when I get out and check, the lift glass is indeed, unlatched.
I know that I nor no one else has gone near the button on the rear liftgate, and it is not caused from an inadvertent push of a button on the fob, as the fob always stays in the console.
Have others experienced this? Should I make an appointment at the dealer to get the latch checked/adjusted?
Sponsored

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sounds like a feature. While you were asleep they came in and implanted a neuro sympathetic correlation and aggregation transmission device (don’t ask how they got it in you…. You don’t wanna know 👽👽👽).

it reads your mind and tries to decipher if you are going to put something small in your trunk and transmits that result to the unlocking mechanism. It then pre opens the glass if it meets a certain threshold.

simple.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstalling it?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Seems like a fairly technical issue. Do your door locks work in all other instances? (access pad, FOB, handles, etc?) Do you have a MyKey programmed? Do the other methods unlatch the glass or only the app? Do you have two stage unlocking? Try changing the preference and see if that makes a difference. Sorry, no solution other than to monkey with the various components and see if it shakes something the right way. Otherwise you're into a dealer service visit.

Some people have an issue with the intelligent access on the liftgate not working when they mis-press the remote start and then they have to use the FOB to "reset" the lock brain and resolve the condition. Maybe that could fix your issue?
Ford Bronco Sport Lift Glass unlatching with Fordpass remote unlock Capture.JPG

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have had several times now where, after unlocking my BS with the FordPass app, I will get in the car and it will tell me that the "Lift Glass Ajar".
I know that I nor no one else has gone near the button on the rear liftgate, and it is not caused from an inadvertent push of a button on the fob, as the fob always stays in the console.
Have others experienced this? Should I make an appointment at the dealer to get the latch checked/adjusted?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

aamyotte

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Outer Banks Area 51
A bit of an old thread. Have you resolved the issue? My BS has just started doing the same. The only difference is that I use the keypad to unlock the vehicle.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A bit of an old thread. Have you resolved the issue? My BS has just started doing the same. The only difference is that I use the keypad to unlock the vehicle.
I think the locking system on these vehicles is a complicated software mess, and it sometimes gets confused. Some have had luck resetting the system by simply using the fob. Try this:
  1. Get out of the car with the fob and lock it (push door lock before exiting, keypad, fob).
  2. Use the fob to unlock the liftgate (push the liftgate button twice).
  3. Relock the car.
  4. Unlock the liftgate with the fob.
If the liftgate glass unlocks instead of the liftgate then I would take it to a dealer.

aamyotte

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the locking system on these vehicles is a complicated software mess, and it sometimes gets confused. Some have had luck resetting the system by simply using the fob. Try this:
  1. Get out of the car with the fob and lock it (push door lock before exiting, keypad, fob).
  2. Use the fob to unlock the liftgate (push the liftgate button twice).
  3. Relock the car.
  4. Unlock the liftgate with the fob.
If the liftgate glass unlocks instead of the liftgate then I would take it to a dealer.
Thanks for the test procedure. I tried the 3 methods you described and the liftgate unlatched. Couldn't replicate the liftglass to unlatch.

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the test procedure. I tried the 3 methods you described and the liftgate unlatched. Couldn't replicate the liftglass to unlatch.
Didn't think there was even a remote release for the rear glass just the rear hatch ??

aamyotte

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't think there was even a remote release for the rear glass just the rear hatch ??
You are correct, the release is only for the liftgate. I'm having an issue where the liftglass randomly unlatches itself.
Sponsored