LevittownFordParts.com shipping costs

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does anyone have any experience with LevittownFordParts.com? Their prices look good, but their shipping rates are ridiculous. I'm currently looking at the Aeroskin II Textured protector for $81.77, but the shipping is $71.25 to Indiana!? WTF!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Does anyone have any experience with LevittownFordParts.com? Their prices look good, but their shipping rates are ridiculous. I'm currently looking at the Aerokin II Textured protector for $81.77, but the shipping is $71.25 to Indiana!? WTF!
Big items are ridiculously high to ship. Not just LevittownFordParts. The box is about 6’ tall. Check EBay and I think you’ll find some that discount the shipping.

Check out Ruxer Ford Parts in Jasper IN.

Last edited:

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Big items are ridiculously high to ship. Not just LevittownFordParts. The box is about 6’ tall. Check EBay and I think you’ll find some that discount the shipping.

Check out Ruxer Ford Parts in Jasper IN.
Yeah. Shipping carriers expect large boxes weigh a lot so their prices reflect that. Even if the box is six-feet long and weigh 5 pounds they charge based of a sort of 'projected' weight.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Just bring the link to your local Ford dealer. Mine will match the prices, plus then you don’t have to eat the shipping costs.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yeah. Shipping carriers expect large boxes weigh a lot so their prices reflect that. Even if the box is six-feet long and weigh 5 pounds they charge based of a sort of 'projected' weight.
Both weight and size are factors. A large box takes up more space, space which could be used to fit several smaller packages. Weight matters because the transport vehicles are limited in the amount weight they can carry—especially aircraft. Small, heavy packages take up less space, but more of the total weight the vehicle may carry.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Both weight and size are factors. A large box takes up more space, space which could be used to fit several smaller packages. Weight matters because the transport vehicles are limited in the amount weight they can carry—especially aircraft. Small, heavy packages take up less space, but more of the total weight the vehicle may carry.
Yes, a little of both but mostly size. I had a box 10x24x36 that was 20lbs that UPS wanted over 100 bucks to ship to LA. They told me cutting the size in half would cut the cost in half. Took the assembly apart and got it into a 8x16x26 and it was less than 50 dollars then.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Does anyone have any experience with LevittownFordParts.com? Their prices look good, but their shipping rates are ridiculous. I'm currently looking at the Aeroskin II Textured protector for $81.77, but the shipping is $71.25 to Indiana!? WTF!
Sounds like maybe a nice daytrip in the Sport is in order? :sunglasses:

OP
OP
SunZmSpark

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for all the great input everyone. I guess I never thought about the size. I purchased a Bugflector II from AutoVentShade (free shipping) and didn't like how far it stood off the hood. Rather than having me send it back, they asked me to scrape the surface to prove it was "destroyed", and then issued a refund.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I think Leviton, like others, use a Ford Parts front-end (UX) for their website. A local dealer by me in Chicagoland does the same: https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com/. Not all of the dealers use the Ford Parts UX... Maybe there's another dealer in your area that uses this UX as well; You'll be able to pickup at your convenience with no-charge. :)

BTW: The shipping charges for oversize packages is called "dimensional weight".
Sponsored