• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Alright, I have a leveling kit on order from 4WP. I’ve been going over the pros and cons of installing it. Might cancel my order. Wanted your opinion.

Pros:
Higher ride height
More ground clearance
Looks cooler (objective)
Better braking (situational)

Cons:
Possible gas mileage decline
More stress on suspension components which could wear quicker
Still a Big Bend and not fully off roading capable (Badlands)
Money could be spent on a roof top tent
Not needed to fit 245/65/17 tires
Doesn’t change look drastically

This is just from what I’ve read and research. I’m just a weekend warrior camper and realize that my Bronco Sport isn’t going to be doing any true off roading. Anything I’m missing or anybody want to chime in?
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Alright, I have a leveling kit on order from 4WP. I’ve been going over the pros and cons of installing it. Might cancel my order. Wanted your opinion.

Pros:
Higher ride height
More ground clearance
Looks cooler (objective)
Better braking (situational)

Cons:
Possible gas mileage decline
More stress on suspension components which could wear quicker
Still a Big Bend and not fully off roading capable (Badlands)
Money could be spent on a roof top tent
Not needed to fit 245/65/17 tires
Doesn’t change look drastically

This is just from what I’ve read and research. I’m just a weekend warrior camper and realize that my Bronco Sport isn’t going to be doing any true off roading. Anything I’m missing or anybody want to chime in?
I say No ,because 4WP leveling kit is on back order with no ETA .

The rough country kit someone reported having issues with it

@FordBroncoLifts has a 2” kit but it is pricey . ( personally I have one on my Big Bend ). I like my lifted Big Bend better than stock but would recommended against it as you seem not to really want to spend the money.

OP
OP
mooner44

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I say No ,because 4WP leveling kit is on back order with no ETA .

The rough country kit someone reported having issues with it

@FordBroncoLifts has a 2” kit but it is pricey . ( personally I have one on my Big Bend ). I like my lifted Big Bend better than stock but would recommended against it as you seem not to really want to spend the money.
Thanks for the info! Ya, apparently my kit is now on its way to 4WP. So it should be a couple more weeks and I’ll have it. ??I ordered it a while ago. Not going the RC route. I know it will cost around $800 for the kit and install. Just want to make sure it is worth it.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I read that RTR has a 1.5 inch lift kit in the works. There was video of a prototype going through Hell's revenge on a Badlands. But there's no ETA. Other than that I'm in the same boat as you waiting for the 4WP level lift. Did you get any quotes on install? I talked to one shop that said they wanted $700. Gonna ask a few other shops.

OP
OP
mooner44

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I read that RTR has a 1.5 inch lift kit in the works. There was video of a prototype going through Hell's revenge on a Badlands. But there's no ETA. Other than that I'm in the same boat as you waiting for the 4WP level lift. Did you get any quotes on install? I talked to one shop that said they wanted $700. Gonna ask a few other shops.
Oh nice! The Ford dealership quoted me $650 with the alignment and adjusting the headlights. They are actually excited to do it as they are waiting for the kits they ordered from 4WP themselves. And they said in no way will it void any suspension warranties. ??‍♂
Sponsored