LED bulbs for tail lights

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks to @MKohlman and the rest of the posters for all the assistance. I picked up:

3157 HP11 from Diode Dynamics in Red for the Brake Lights
7443 HP11 from Diode Dynamics in White for the Reverse Lights
921 from Lasfit via Amazon in Amber for the Turn Signals

Plug and play and so far, so good.

Removal of the light housing was made easy with the instructions provided by another poster:

When you look at the tail lights with the trunk open, there’s a black plastic/rubber trim piece around the inner edge of the assembly towards the trunk seal. Wedge your fingers between the tail light and that trim piece and pull straight back, it is attached by two pop clips and that’s it. The tail lights are held in by two 10mm nuts. Take those out and pull straight back on the tail light assembly. The outboard side has two push-pegs into the body. A little wiggle is needed the first time to pop them out… but they’re pretty strong.

Almost impossible to test the Reverse and the Brake lights without a helper. Not even going to try to explain because someone (me) could have easily been seriously injured.

Thanks to all.
Advertisement

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
I went with the Lasfit bulbs all around; brake, back-up and turn signal. They are significantly brighter. Definitely worth it for safety in my opinion.

Caveat, I too am on my second set of turn signal bulbs. The passenger side has worked flawlessly since install. The driver side hyper-flashed immediately. After a quick email to Lasfit, they very promptly responded and sent a pair gratis. The second bulb in the driver side worked normally for my first drive but soon started to hyper-flash at various rates; from super slow to super fast. Rather than play the swap again game I'm ready to try the resistor method.

Can anyone provide a picture or diagram of how to do this ?

I am pretty comfortable with electronics and likely have a suitable resistor here at home.

Daniel

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Philips vs stock... phips is slightly brighter but not what im looking for... have some extreme ultrabrights on the way

20210918_224910.jpg

20210918_224923.jpg

20210914_213829.jpg

20210914_213822.jpg

cubedtothex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I went with the Lasfit bulbs all around; brake, back-up and turn signal. They are significantly brighter. Definitely worth it for safety in my opinion.

Caveat, I too am on my second set of turn signal bulbs. The passenger side has worked flawlessly since install. The driver side hyper-flashed immediately. After a quick email to Lasfit, they very promptly responded and sent a pair gratis. The second bulb in the driver side worked normally for my first drive but soon started to hyper-flash at various rates; from super slow to super fast. Rather than play the swap again game I'm ready to try the resistor method.

Can anyone provide a picture or diagram of how to do this ?

I am pretty comfortable with electronics and likely have a suitable resistor here at home.

Daniel
I’m in the same situation. I just installed Sylvsnia ZEVO 3057R bulbs for the brake lights, yet my turn signals are giving me hyper flash. I’m comfortable with electronics as well but not versed in the install of the proper resistors to prevent this. Any help is appreciated!

My 2017 Kia Soul didn’t have this issue :(

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I am thinking of buying 921 (T15) load resistors and splicing them into the lines to the socket and a roll of "thermal adhesive tape" to mount the resistors to the panel behind the tail light without screws.

I am tired of chasing hyper-flash and it looks like ForScan won't be fixing it any time soon either.

Advertisement

Advertisement