Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Anyone have one? How are they? I am getting a little tired of waiting for my BS to get built, so been looking at my other options. Can get a nice looking 2018 with low mileage at the same cost as my planned Badlands.
Sponsored

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
Great for your lease term the 2k for a brake change.

Dwlastr

Big Bend
First Name
Dillion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have heard that they are very unreliable and expensive to fix. They depreciate like crazy too. Just my initial thoughts, I haven't owned one.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Only way I would buy a Land Rover is if I had f*** off money. They're crazy expensive to maintain and break down constantly.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
A few of my co-workers have Land Rovers, one a 2017 discovery sport, one has a 2019 Range Rover that replaced a 2010. Seems like they’re always in the shop with expensive repairs or maintenance. Expensive brakes and suspension, unreliable driveline parts, etc.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Check out Doug DeMuro's CarMax warranty saga for his used Range Rover. tldr; CarMax spent $16,900 on repairs over six years for a warranty that cost Doug $3,900 in 2012. The horn failed three separate times!

Most extreme example I've found of the Land-Rover-as-money-pit meme.

Last edited:

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
so your saying maintenance is extremely pricey?
My opinion on land rover is they are intentionally expensive to purchase and maintain outside of the lease term, and very unreliable after the warranty has expired.

I believe this is intentional, to keep the owners club exclusive to only those who can afford it.

the reason I believe this is because the British military defenders I worked with go on forever and ever more, however I’ve seen 6 year old Range rovers with problems that well as decedent the value of the vehicle.

Gatordog69

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sport BB
eh, IDK about them being that crappy. My wife traded our Range Rover in for the new bronco and we never had any issues at all, sans, for whatever reason the rear brake pads wore faster than the front. It was a stylish eye catching SUV, and the Bronco gets looks similar. Sit in a Land Rover or Range Rover and you will appreciate the fit and finish. With that said. It's a niche car that costs much more than some of its better equipped competition. Also there aren't nearly as many dealers so you either live in a bigger city or find a really sharp local mechanic who likes Rovers... :)

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Anyone have one? How are they? I am getting a little tired of waiting for my BS to get built, so been looking at my other options. Can get a nice looking 2018 with low mileage at the same cost as my planned Badlands.
HAHA go ahead an pay double for half the ability and quality.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I don't remember the saying exactly, it goes something like this: "Land Rover, turning owners into mechanics for over one hundred years."

My best friend bought a Range Rover used, against my (and every person he asked) recommendation. He had some pretty hefty repair costs early on but then it seemed to settle down fine. It was a very nice, luxurious SUV.
Guzzled gas, looked great, rode great.

After watching the Doug Demurro video, look up the TFL saga when they bought one new.

But as had been said, if had lottery money, I'd have one in the garage or shop.
Sponsored

Last edited: