Kumho Road Venture AT51 for the Badlands?

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm really going back and forth between the Falken Wildpeak AT3W and the the Kumho Road Venture AT51 as an upgrade on my Badlands with the stock (non-steelie) wheels and tires. Does anyone have any experience with the Kumhos? Reviews are a bit sparse, but the ones I have found seem to be good, especially in regards to road noise (they are apparently very quiet on the highway), and snow traction (that's an important factor here in New England). There have also been a few reviews here and there commenting on poor hydroplaning resistance, which makes me nervous. If anyone has them on their Bronco I would love to see a picture, that would be super helpful!

Anyone that has the Wildpeaks, how's the road noise on the highway? And wet/snow traction?

Link to the Kumhos on Tire Rack
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I'm really going back and forth between the Falken Wildpeak AT3W and the the Kumho Road Venture AT51 as an upgrade on my Badlands with the stock (non-steelie) wheels and tires. Does anyone have any experience with the Kumhos? Reviews are a bit sparse, but the ones I have found seem to be good, especially in regards to road noise (they are apparently very quiet on the highway), and snow traction (that's an important factor here in New England). There have also been a few reviews here and there commenting on poor hydroplaning resistance, which makes me nervous. If anyone has them on their Bronco I would love to see a picture, that would be super helpful!

Anyone that has the Wildpeaks, how's the road noise on the highway? And wet/snow traction?

Wild peaks on my first edition they look great and are very quiet with no hydroplane.I would buy again.

Ford Bronco Sport Kumho Road Venture AT51 for the Badlands? EDBA8F71-75B1-4EED-A2E4-983D02F414F9

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

My BL has the 235 Wildpeak AT3's and I'd planned on replacing them with 245 KO2's. But the Wildpeaks are such a pleasure on the highway I decided to leave them. Have driven in the rain and no problems, but my heavy foot gets lighter on wet pavement. I just don't drive at speeds that can cause hydroplaning. Not sure what that is yet on this vehicle.

Reactions: Jrl

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
I replaced the Continentals that were on my BB with Wildpeak AT3W's. I kept them to the same size. The AT3W has a more aggressive tread than the AT3 just so you know. I am not hearing anything to substantial as far as noise goes. I bought them after the snow left so I do not have anything on that yet.

Dan.Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
I opted for the Falken wildpeak AT trails over the 3’s on my OB.

My tire shop recommended them as they apparently are quieter than the 3’s.

Noise isn’t noticeably different from the stock Road tires, MPG seems the same too.

I have no problems hydroplaning and the ride is smooth, it was also more than capable on some mountain trails.

here’s a before/after.

Ford Bronco Sport Kumho Road Venture AT51 for the Badlands? 0CA2175D-9236-4D0D-A9D0-9E50EC033A9D

OP
OP

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for the replys everyone. Going to be going with the Wildpeaks. My local dealership said that I can use the 42000 Fordpass points we get for buying the Bronco for a $220 discount.

Granted it would have been cheaper if I just added them on when I ordered the Bronco, but at least now the tires aren't financed, and my dealer advised me to not change anything after I placed my order because he didn't know if it would delay anything.
Sponsored