Keypad Opens More Than Just The Doors...

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sometimes when I use my keypad to unlock my BL, my rear window pops open too... anyone else noticing this?

Of course, I couldn't reproduce it in front of the service advisor at the dealership, but the minute I'm with my car alone, it happens. Not sure what the fix is, but the dealership said they can't do anything about it until they see it themselves. Sigh.
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sometimes when I use my keypad to unlock my BL, my rear window pops open too... anyone else noticing this?

Of course, I couldn't reproduce it in front of the service advisor at the dealership, but the minute I'm with my car alone, it happens. Not sure what the fix is, but the dealership said they can't do anything about it until they see it themselves. Sigh.
That's a Ford thing...

Your code does driver door
Your Code plus 3 unlocks all doors
Your Code plus 5 opens tailgate
Hold 7/9 together to lock all doors

OP
OP
eastcoastbroncosport

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That's a Ford thing...

Your code does driver door
Your Code plus 3 unlocks all doors
Your Code plus 5 opens tailgate
Hold 7/9 together to lock all doors
Yeah, my issue is that when using just the code for the driver door, the rear glass is popping open too... not even the whole lift gate, just the glass! And not every time, just sometimes, randomly!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah, my issue is that when using just the code for the driver door, the rear glass is popping open too... not even the whole lift gate, just the glass! And not every time, just sometimes, randomly!
Only while using the keypad, that's weird for sure. It might have had an incomplete download of the sync software... I had a lift gate issue because of an incomplete download twice. Might want to check for update or try to reinstall the newest software from a stick if there is a long wait for the dealer. Best of luck

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Maybe you're accidentally double bumping the entry, assuming that "5" is the fifth number in your code and the panel is seeing xxxx55. You could set a different code and test it. Mine is remarkably picky at times, especially on the lock-all code.

OP
OP
eastcoastbroncosport

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Maybe you're accidentally double bumping the entry, assuming that "5" is the fifth number in your code and the panel is seeing xxxx55. You could set a different code and test it. Mine is remarkably picky at times, especially on the lock-all code.
I thought about that too, but nope - not ending on a 5/6! Maybe my fingers slip and I hit the 5 by accident? I'll have to try being more delicate in my number pressing haha.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Depends on how you have SecuriCode configured:

Unlocking and Locking the Doors​
To Unlock the Driver Door​
Enter the factory-set five-digit code or your personal code. You must press each number within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps illuminate.​
Note: All doors unlock if you disable the two-stage unlocking feature. See Locking and Unlocking.​

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?countryCode=USA&languageCode=en&Uid=G2088482&ProcUid=G2187608&div=f&variantid=7450&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

I have mine configured like the historical behavior, where •only• the Driver's Door gets unlocked. Fewer surprises that way. :)

OP
OP
eastcoastbroncosport

eastcoastbroncosport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Depends on how you have SecuriCode configured:

Unlocking and Locking the Doors​
To Unlock the Driver Door​
Enter the factory-set five-digit code or your personal code. You must press each number within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps illuminate.​
Note: All doors unlock if you disable the two-stage unlocking feature. See Locking and Unlocking.​

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?countryCode=USA&languageCode=en&Uid=G2088482&ProcUid=G2187608&div=f&variantid=7450&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

I have mine configured like the historical behavior, where •only• the Driver's Door gets unlocked. Fewer surprises that way. :)
Thanks!

DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
2022 Badlands. I have the same issue with the rear window lock unlatching.

1) I'm pretty sure this has NOTHING to do with the SecuriCode keypad. If all my entry locks are Unlocked, I still have to press the release button to open the rear hatch or just the glass.

2) My rear glass just unlatches all by itself sometimes. This is always just about the glass panel: never the hatch.

The rear glass hatch/glass locks are not like deadbolts. They require power to enable a release. Locking these latches simply "opens" the release circuit, otherwise the hatch/glass mechanisms remain secure.

Yes, this could be a software issue; Buuut, I believe it is a latch adjustment issue in the glass securing mechanism.

More specifically, when the hatch is closed, there is a momentary overpressure inside the vehicle. I can see my rear glass panel push outward ever so slightly, then return to its' seated position. The glass panel remains securely closed .... until it doesn't (just a WAG here > after 25 hatch cycles).

I'll schedule another annoying visit to the Dealer Service department. If they correct the problem (or not) I'll write a follow-up post.
Sponsored