BroncoSportBB_Socal

Big Bend
First Name
Mace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I went ahead I replaced the airfilter already. Its just something I like replacing on all my vehicles. For $58 with shipping its a why not type of mod. Driving to work after I installed it right away I was able to hear and feel a smoother acceleration. This is a drop in not a cold air or anything. It will not void the vehicles warranty as advertised

Part number is 33-3131
This will fit both 1.5 and 2.0L (also escape and focus IV)

I got mine at amazon

Ford Bronco Sport K&N Air Filter IMG_20210203_211043_942
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Mechanically/performance wise I will remain O.E.M. with my only performance modification being a good set of AT tires.
IMHO the air intake system specs and air control gates and software engineered for stock components will only 'dial back' any added air volume from a gauze racing type filter.
I have worn out K&N's as I drove 70 to 90,000 miles per year for 15 years.
They are very inexpensive even with the clean up kits, and I had one last 320,000 miles. But I now drive 10 to 14,000 miles a year. So the cost of a clean paper filter is not a factor to me anymore.
I cleaned it once following the procedure to the letter and it cost me two complete throttle body cleanings..
Had one develope holes at 6500 miles in my Harley. That meant it passed sand into my intake.
K&N sent me a new one.
I kept using them. After those two problems. But I just can't justify the risk to my turbo and again I don't drive professionally anymore.

Last edited:

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
How's the k&n been working out for you?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I have used K&N on every Car/Truck & Harley I have owned & will replace the factory one in the BS when a change out is needed . The only issue I have had was the outer gasket on one of them on my 1948 HD Panhead came apart from the Filter , I just glued it back on when I cleaned it , my other 1965 Panhead & my 2003 Ultra Classic Had 75 K when I sold it , had no issues.
As far as the TB & sensor cleaning , no filter will stop all air born particles & with a lot of miles , these components will need cleaning . I cleaned my 2005 F150 TB & sensors after 125K miles & it wasn't from the K&N filter oil , had no issues , it was just maintenance .

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
K&N are the best, hands down. In ND cleaning them in the winter is a hassle. I don't have running water in the garage. The filters don't get terribly dirty in the winter, but it comes after/during harvest which is a dirty operation requiring clean that can and does occur in the winter.

If you go to a dealer/service garage for service your K&N will NOT get cleaned. If your not careful or get a new mechanic your K&N can also get replaced with a paper filter if you are not observant.

That's the only issue I have with K&N.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Just wondering if anyone that installed the filter. Did you have difficulty putting on the air box enclosure due to increase thickness of the rubber gasket surrounding the filter?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I always apply the Sticker that comes with ( or used to ) the K&N that reads "STOP " with the info of a cleanable filter installed .

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Back in the day when I ran the K&N’s I kept a new cheap paper filter in a zip lock. If I was going to shop my ride I’d swap out the wet filter, didn’t want anyone messing with it or tossing it out.
Got 300,000 out of one K&N,
Had one develope holes in my Harley, ran them for years.
Never saw a performance advantage. I no longer mess with them as a modern stock engines fuel mapping retards anyway with a higher volume air flow filter installed.
Yes they save you a little money even after the cost of a cleaning kit. But only a little.
Properly cleaning, drying and re-lubing one took a couple of hours at least.
Way easy to slightly over oil and then loosing a little performance with a sticky air gate and a dirty tunnel, no thanks I learned my lesson.
Dropping in a new filter and tossing the dirty one is,,,,
Well it’s just too Simple.

Last edited:

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I
I went ahead I replaced the airfilter already. Its just something I like replacing on all my vehicles. For $58 with shipping its a why not type of mod. Driving to work after I installed it right away I was able to hear and feel a smoother acceleration. This is a drop in not a cold air or anything. It will not void the vehicles warranty as advertised

Part number is 33-3131
This will fit both 1.5 and 2.0L (also escape and focus IV)

I got mine at amazon

Ford Bronco Sport K&N Air Filter IMG_20210203_211043_942
I put one in over the weekend. You’re right about the smoother acceleration. Drop in fit perfect.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is an old thread but can confirm I did the same when I first got my FE BS and haven't looked back since! Put the sticker on the top of the air filter enclosure so the dealership doesn't try to swap it out.

Install was super smooth and took like 5 minutes - simple drop-in.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Been using k&n filters for decades. Never had any issues with any vehicles 120k+miles. Intakes were clean, maf sensors were clean. Proper maintenance and not over oiling is key.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Not a fan of k&n myself. They dont filter well. Might stop a bee getting thru but thats about it.
That’s weird I’ve never had an issue. I have one on my 19 ram 1500 and every time filter is due for cleaning I never see any kind of dust inside the intake and I live in the desert.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That’s weird I’ve never had an issue. I have one on my 19 ram 1500 and every time filter is due for cleaning I never see any kind of dust inside the intake and I live in the desert.
Because of air velocity, you probably won’t see any dirt in the intake beyond the filter. The air is moving slowest at the filter, so anything that makes it past the filter has a pretty good chance of going all the way into the engine. Inter cooler could be a spot for particles to settle but that is after the turbo. There’s a video of an engine builder who used K&N for years but discovered part of what makes them work is the pulses that a normally aspirated engine produces in the intake. Turbo engines don’t create those pulses.
Sponsored