Just in case your Android Auto stopped connecting today...

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So I got into my Sport today and my Android Auto worked just fine. Got to my destination, then a few hours later got in to leave, and my AA wouldn't connect. My phone kept popping up with "wifi disconnected" over and over. I tried turning off WiFi and it wouldn't let me because it said AA was using it. The phone said, "Android Auto is available in your vehicle" and I was supposed to press something on the vehicle screen to accept the connection, but there was nothing there...keep in mind I made ZERO changes.

Turns out, it was Google Driving Assistant causing the problem. I wanted to tell anyone that was having issues that disabling the Google driving mode is what fixed it for me, but now for the life of me I can't find where the setting was so I can give people a better idea of how to turn it off. I had to do some digging and eventually found an on/off toggle, once I turned it off, my AA loaded up just fine.

Hope this helps if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

For reference I use a Motorola MA1 wireless adapter to connect.

edit - I just found how I turned it off.

In your phone settings on android, (slide from top down on unlocked screen, select the gear icon in the top right)

Use the search and search for "driving".

Scroll until you see Google Assistant - Transportation, select it.

Scroll to the bottom and look for "Driving Mode" and press on that.

Hit the toggle for "Driving Mode" to turn it off.

You may need to turn your car off and back on if it was already running.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
I wonder if this is a Bronco Sport issue today as my Apple CarPlay is refusing to work and I tried everything.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I wonder if this is a Bronco Sport issue today as my Apple CarPlay is refusing to work and I tried everything.
Same issue. Mine is working now after messing around with Waze. Iā€™m using the Carlinkit 3 and Apple CarPlay so maybe more of an issue with Google.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Same issue. Mine is working now after messing around with Waze. Iā€™m using the Carlinkit 3 and Apple CarPlay so maybe more of an issue with Google.
My issue was my car turned off CarPlay for some reason, I didnā€™t do it šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My issue was my car turned off CarPlay for some reason, I didnā€™t do it šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
So you are able to connect wirelessly but then just no CarPlay? I couldnā€™t even connect wirelessly. Did you try direct wire?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
In these cases could the internet have gone down in your area for a second or two ?

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
So you are able to connect wirelessly but then just no CarPlay? I couldnā€™t even connect wirelessly. Did you try direct wire?
I donā€™t have wireless Apple CarPlay as the BS doesnā€™t come with it. I would plug my phone in and itā€™d get detected, but wouldnā€™t open CarPlay until I looked in my settings and somehow it got turned off, even though I donā€™t mess with my settings.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, the original OP talked about his wireless adapter not working so I thought that maybe the same issue that you and I were having as even though I have a different wireless adapter, I was having similar issues as they were. I didnā€™t realize you werenā€™t using a wireless adapter.
Sponsored