Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I've seen some really dark side window tint in the south, especially Florida, but I've never seen or heard of a front window tint, other than a gradient top band.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
You tinted the front windshield? Wow if you ever get in an accident and have a fussy officer on the scene, they are going to blame it on you for impaired vision with all that tint.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That'd be Illegal In Florida I think.
In California is illegal but that doesn't stop people for tinting the front windshield.
Even the front windows tinted are illegal and half of the cars have it.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
my son just got his F150 windshield tinted at 50% and I swear you can barely tell the difference. He got the ceramic tint done which helps reduce heat coming in. There is a difference now when getting into it. Thinking about doing my BL windshield to reduce heat coming in too.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
my son just got his F150 windshield tinted at 50% and I swear you can barely tell the difference. He got the ceramic tint done which helps reduce heat coming in. There is a difference now when getting into it. Thinking about doing my BL windshield to reduce heat coming in too.
I have done it on 3 or 4 vehicles with ceramic at about 60 or 70% (depending on what was in stock). You can’t really tell it is tinted at all. The only evidence of the tint is on the “dots” around the edge. It makes a huge difference when the sun is shining in through the windsheild. It doesn’t feel like I’m getting a sunburn anymore. It doesn’t change visibility enough to make any tangible difference. I will continue to do it going forward because it makes that big of a difference in comfort.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
I have done it on 3 or 4 vehicles with ceramic at about 60 or 70% (depending on what was in stock). You can’t really tell it is tinted at all. The only evidence of the tint is on the “dots” around the edge. It makes a huge difference when the sun is shining in through the windsheild. It doesn’t feel like I’m getting a sunburn anymore. It doesn’t change visibility enough to make any tangible difference. I will continue to do it going forward because it makes that big of a difference in comfort.
I have the brow done at 20% but the way I sit in my BL I feel like I am wearing bifocals looking out the windshield. Going to have them remove that and do full tint too
Sponsored