June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Those of you who are finding available models at other dealers and driving to pick them up/buy them, how are you finding them? I've found that all the "stock" listed on dealer sites are actually just cars that are ordered and reserved for customers, or aren't really in stock for whatever reason.
Luck, and calling lots of dealers. When I was shopping earlier this year, probably 2/3 of the online listings were ordered/not real/reserved. My Bronco Sport was unloaded off the truck the day before I called, and the salesman said if I showed up in the next day or two, I'd get to test drive before it was 'officially' displayed on the lot and website.
Sponsored

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mine was a dealer order (ordered in April, built on June 16, been waiting on a chip ever since). I'm starting to get really frustrated, especially seeing people whose cars were built in July and August already getting chips and being shipped.

Those of you who are finding available models at other dealers and driving to pick them up/buy them, how are you finding them? I've found that all the "stock" listed on dealer sites are actually just cars that are ordered and reserved for customers, or aren't really in stock for whatever reason.
The best way to tell the difference between a customer order and dealer stock is customer orders have a green window sticker and dealer orders are blue.

Check the dealer website first to actually make sure they have available vehicles. Dealers advertise that they have avaialble cars just to get you in only to try to sell you something else.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Back when I was checking nearly everything was missing the RCM. The rest were spoken for. I had a couple of close calls, one I missed by less fifteen minutes.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I am a Badlands with tow package but without the BL package in Cactus Grey.
Ordered 3/2, In production 6/7, Delivery 11/3
Ordered my Badlands, tow and Alto Blue, 3/28/21 rcvd. 6/29/21 Dlr. said 8-12 weeks. Are specialty items causing this meltdown?

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ordered my Badlands, tow and Alto Blue, 3/28/21 rcvd. 6/29/21 Dlr. said 8-12 weeks. Are specialty items causing this meltdown?
Tow package was a constraint on the big Bronco, maybe same issue with the Sport.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford's policy relative to the June customer ordered vehicles sitting for months missing parts while they build and ship complete units the following months:
Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert Head In Sand

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Badlands package & 360+ will definately delay you right now. Also moonroofs.
We have been seeing plenty of BL w/BL package being built shipped in July and Aug while the June units continue to sit. So Ford has the parts to build/ship new units but chooses to let the June units sit with the missing parts.

jenpark1

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mine was a dealer order (ordered in April, built on June 16, been waiting on a chip ever since). I'm starting to get really frustrated, especially seeing people whose cars were built in July and August already getting chips and being shipped. (Edited to add: mine is an OB + OB, no moonroof.)

I searched on ford.com. Had to expand how far away I wanted to search. I emailed dealers as I found something. Got quite a few "already sold" on some outer banks and a big bend. It was pure luck and alot of research. I found one almost identical to the one in the desert. I feel like a guardian angel helped me out too ?

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
We have been seeing plenty of BL w/BL package being built shipped in July and Aug while the June units continue to sit. So Ford has the parts to build/ship new units but chooses to let the June units sit with the missing parts.
It makes sense if they only have chips available for current builds as they are not going to shut down the line to complete old builds but they should provide a more personal explanation and possibly provide a rebate or other something as a token of being sorry.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
1/23 order BL +BL with Copilot 360 in cyber orange. Built 6/7. Etis shows no rcm 737. Delivery est 11/3

ebuskirk1128

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Just wondering how many of us are in the Desert Club?
Ordered Feb 10/21, Built June 11/21 has been sitting in the desert ever since. NO explanation from Ford.
Oxford White, Badlands with Badlands Package & Co Pilot 360+
Current ETA Nov 3/21
I’m in Ontario Canada.
I have exact same build. Ordered 2/8/21

rickdcov

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
My BL with tow pkg is waiting in the Mexican Desert. (did not order BL Package). ETIS shows waiting for RCM chip and the FDM recall. Last email from Ford said it was built June 14 and awaiting shipment.

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Luck, and calling lots of dealers. When I was shopping earlier this year, probably 2/3 of the online listings were ordered/not real/reserved. My Bronco Sport was unloaded off the truck the day before I called, and the salesman said if I showed up in the next day or two, I'd get to test drive before it was 'officially' displayed on the lot and website.
I second the luck, dealer roulette, and not hesitating to sign the papers response. I'll add a having to stomach going over MSRP, too, as that was part of my experience. (Worth it so far.)

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Just wondering how many of us are in the Desert Club?
Ordered Feb 10/21, Built June 11/21 has been sitting in the desert ever since. NO explanation from Ford.
Oxford White, Badlands with Badlands Package & Co Pilot 360+
Current ETA Nov 3/21
I’m in Ontario Canada.
There is currently a recall of all Bronco Sports built between May 12 and July 25 for a fuel leak issue and according to the NHTSA regulations they can not leave the factory until the repair is made if they are still there. Ford doesn't expect to have a replacement part available from the manufacturer of it until sometime in mid September. Recall affects Bronco Sports, Escape, and Lincoln Corsair. Ford will probably send the replacement parts to dealers for vehicles already on the road that are affected first before repairing the ones that haven't left the factory yet. My Badlands was ordered March 11 and built on June 21 and was sitting waiting for a chip before the recall was announced. Delivery date is now down as 11/03. Sitting in the desert waiting for a chip and then recalled for a fuel problem before it even has its first full tank of gas.
Sponsored