JCR OffRoad Bash Plate: Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Hey Team:

OK, I've never posted anything like this before so, if I'm off base, apologies in advance...

Recently I purchased, recieved and attempted to have install the JCR Off Road Skid Protection for my Bronco Sport Badlands....

Overall, thanks to 4 Wheel Parts in Frisco Texas (who admittedly charge rates like Surgeons), it was smooth sailing.

EXCEPT, that between me ordering, waiting, recieving the Bash Plate JCR Offroad updated their Webpage to say the Bash Plate wouldn't support the Badlands.

Here is the link: https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BSSD-BSH-1G.html

To JCR's credit they were great to work with on the Return, but I'm vexed that they don't have a Badland's Bash Plate.

When I called to work with them, they mentioned that they had only had the Bronco Sport that they based their products on (a non-Badlands variant apparently), for a few days and that they didn't have a Badlands to develop a Bash Plate around.

I get I'm solving for me, but the underside of my ride now looks mostly like an Armadillo... except for that really exposed bumper....

Was hoping that maybe we could get something working with JCR to fill the gap...

I believe there are 2-3 other Bash Plates for the Bronco Sport out there, with HRG's looking the most compatible with the armor I've already got. But if we could get a solution with JCR, I would wait for it.

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated, or if anyone has feedback on the Bash Plates, I would appreciate hearing that as well.

RR

*Note: I should add JCR DID NOT ask me to do this and to my knowledge is unaware I'm posting. I believe the issue is just that the holes to attach the Bash Plate to the Badlands don't line up (HRG has a video I think where they try to attach a Badlands Skid to another Variant and it doesn't work for the same reason). I would think this would be an easy pivot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm ready to buy it and just make it work somehow.
All the attachment points are the same between trims. The engine skid is the only difference.
I'm waiting for a reply from someone who I believe was able to modify it for the BL

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
To JCR's credit they were great to work with on the Return, but I'm vexed that they don't have a Badland's Bash Plate.

When I called to work with them, they mentioned that they had only had the Bronco Sport that they based their products on (a non-Badlands variant apparently), for a few days and that they didn't have a Badlands to develop a Bash Plate around.
Feels like a lazy answer to me. How hard would it have been, after almost 3 years, to acquire/borrow a plate from an owner or wrecked Badlands? I'm guessing since the factory includes one, there isn't much demand for aftermarket. You might have to make it fit. The form factor should be almost the same. A bit of hardware or a drill should do the rest?

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Feels like a lazy answer to me. How hard would it have been, after almost 3 years, to acquire/borrow a plate from an owner or wrecked Badlands? I'm guessing since the factory includes one, there isn't much demand for aftermarket. You might have to make it fit. The form factor should be almost the same. A bit of hardware or a drill should do the rest?
My thoughts exactly.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I have HRG bash plate, FORD engine plate and JCR CAT shield on my FE- should work with Badlands. The FORD gas tank shields took a basking too- all good there. However, I will be getting the JCR EVAP panels and rock sliders...goof bye felt panels. FYI- The CAT shield is great as a grader- came home with UT red dirt nicely packed in there. Pictures are before and after MOAB, UT. Will have more later in my MOAB trip post.
Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan KIMG6221.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan KIMG6216.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan KIMG6454.JPG

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I have a 2023 Badlands. The gas tank skid needed to be trimmed.

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan 20230427_150738

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan 20230427_150713

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan 20230427_133827

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan 20230427_133811

Ford Bronco Sport JCR OffRoad Bash Plate:  Does Not Support Badlands, Any BS Badlands Owners in/around Portage Michigan 20230426_133835
Sponsored