Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Just saw the video now I need My vehicle to get built Awesome @JcrOffroad I can not wait. If All skid plates were bought at once is there a preferred order to install for a smoother flow?

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
When my BS BL goes into production I am looking at ordering the whole shabang that is needed for the Badlands.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Oh I can’t wait for bonus time next spring. I want all of it.

@JcrOffroad QQ: I have a badlands. Is there benefit to replacing the existing plates with yours? Or is it a wash? Other than the oil change part of the deal.
The gas tank OEM are pretty solid, and I’m not sure how your engine skid compares to the OEM.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Do we/you know if these parts will still Bolt up to a Badlands? Or are there some differences that may not allow them all to bolt up? Without having a badlands can you be sure? I am only asking because someone asked a fitment question and you responded with unsure since you do not have a Badlands for testing/R&D

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Badlands has two steel skid plates on each side for the gas tank. Badlands also gas EVAC skid plate. Those are only differences.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Badlands has two steel skid plates on each side for the gas tank. Badlands also gas EVAC skid plate. Those are only differences.
I thought the Badlands skid plates did not cover the fuel lines, but the JCR does. Correct? Plus Will the rock rails work with the Badlands plates or are JCR skid plates required for the rock sliders? I should have been more clear in my question. Do the stock and JCR plates play nice together?But as I believe you mentioned about how the mount of the rock sliders can catch on things has me questioning them.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm speaking out of left field here but,
If you have a BL, the only thing this offers that you don't already have is skids for the cat and the passenger side floor.

Covering the cat isn't a bad idea but if that gets torn you picked the wrong line and have bigger problems to deal with. Lol
The floor plate...I'll probably run that. Not to protect the floor itself but it'll keep things from getting snagged, noise reduction, nice and tidy

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend

@JcrOffroad QQ: I have a badlands. Is there benefit to replacing the existing plates with yours? Or is it a wash? Other than the oil change part of the deal.
The gas tank OEM are pretty solid, and I’m not sure how your engine skid compares to the OEM.
I’m not sure if I would swap BL front skid for ours. Really depends on your budget. Functionality as a skid, will have similar results. The ability to change oil without and a cleaner design are the two main differences.

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I thought the Badlands skid plates did not cover the fuel lines, but the JCR does. Correct? Plus Will the rock rails work with the Badlands plates or are JCR skid plates required for the rock sliders? I should have been more clear in my question. Do the stock and JCR plates play nice together?But as I believe you mentioned about how the mount of the rock sliders can catch on things has me questioning them.
The skids do not interact with each other, so you can mix our skids with factory skids.

Our sliders require our evap/floor skids. It’s a structural requirement. The BS is a unibody, so you MUST support the sliders correctly or you will do substantial damage to the BS.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
So one more time to be clear. JCR is only helping the badlands with a Cat skid plate at the moment unless I want their rock sliders correct? And If I want the sliders I need to buy 2 replacement plates that are already on a Badlands. I am not sure if I am more confused with more research or not.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
So one more time to be clear. JCR is only helping the badlands with a Cat skid plate at the moment unless I want their rock sliders correct? And If I want the sliders I need to buy 2 replacement plates that are already on a Badlands. I am not sure if I am more confused with more research or not.
Badlands only has a evap skid.

Yes you remove the stock evap skid on the badlands. Install the JRC evap and floor skid on either side. Rock sliders bolt through the pinch weld and the new skids. The new skids on each side are structural to the rock sliders.

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just FYI there are no factory skid plates on the badlands for evap and floor. The passenger side underneath is just the aluminum floor pan. On non badlands there is a fiber board on both sides, on badlands the fiber board is only on the drivers side covering fuel lines etc. When you remove the fiber board on non badlands on the passenger side you will get the same aluminum floor pan that is on the badlands model.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022

what parts of the badlands come protected?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Just FYI there are no factory skid plates on the badlands for evap and floor. The passenger side underneath is just the aluminum floor pan. On non badlands there is a fiber board on both sides, on badlands the fiber board is only on the drivers side covering fuel lines etc. When you remove the fiber board on non badlands on the passenger side you will get the same aluminum floor pan that is on the badlands model.
Supposed to be steel skid plate for evac under that fiber board. Not visible but its supposed to be under there.
Sponsored