ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Had an 18yo hit me in my mustang. She had no insurance. I talked to my lawyer. Unfortunately he told me she probably didn’t have any assets. So suing her wouldn’t be worth it. He said at best could have her wages garnished, but would takes years to recover losses. I know my insurance company sued her. They haven’t recovered any money yet and that was in 2014! I still haven’t been reimbursed my $500 deductible.
I’d still sue to do everything I could to mess that uninsured driver’s life up, but I’m a vindictive sob lol
Sponsored

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
You should most certainly consult with an attorney or two as well as your insurance company. Your insurance should also have access to attorneys to help. There will always be someone to take the case and your case is pretty cut and dry if all you want/need is your vehicle replaced. Realistically though what will probably happen is your insurance will probably cut you a check for your Bronco Sport, less your deductible and then reimburse you for the deductible at a later date if/when a judgement is won against this guy and he’s somehow able to pay something. Hopefully you have decent insurance and coverage for uninsured motorists.
some good news? I was in a similar sort of accident, where the driver was unlicensed and uninsured. I did not have uninsured motorist coverage at the time. Since she was driving with a suspended license\no license she was not considered a motorist. A motorist by my non legal definition is someone who is licensed in that state to operate a motor vehicle on public roads. So I’m not sure if your insurance company can subtract the deductible from your payout? Also at the time the insurance company made me WHOLE and gave me full replacement value on the vehicle including tax. I drove the car for 1.5 years and 23k miles and got all my money back. They offered me the car back (salvage title) for $11k plus the difference of $30k. I turned them down and got the full $30k. You might want to look into getting paid in full from the accident, with an unlicensed/ uninsured motorist? Talk to your insurance company and legal council if necessary.? Good luck ?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I remember when damage like that would not total a vehicle.
Damage like that always totalled a vehicle.

In the “good old days”, visible damage like that tended to total the people stuck inside the vehicle. The Bronco Sport here did exactly what it was supposed to do and saved its occupants.

Trailrunner916

Badlands
First Name
Celia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is the worst combination of "Safety systems did what they were supposed-to do." and "Augh, no replacement!"

:-(
I don’t know wher you are in California but there is a very losfed badlands in roseville at Future Ford. It is not the love,y red but it is the area 51 colot. btw my badlands is the same red with the grey roof as well.

Ford Daughter

Badlands
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
It’s been four weeks since the unthinkable happened, and I got the official word two days ago: My beloved Bronco Sport Badlands is a total loss after sustaining $38,000 worth of damage in a four-car freeway crash.

Amazingly, I came out of the wreck without a scratch, but I’m an emotional wreck because I know I can’t replace it (we’ve looked — it can’t be found anywhere, and build-and-price on the Ford site won’t let me add everything mine had, I assume because they aren’t building them anymore).

I loved this car so much and buying it was the nicest thing I’ve ever done for myself, a total indulgence. All taken away by a reckless unlicensed uninsured 23-year-old idiot.

Damage was on both sides, front and back, because I got spun out and hit more than once before taking out the offramp wooden sign post.

Last three pics are after the repair shop took it apart to assess the (substantial) structural damage

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 5FDB05A9-EE25-435A-82DC-73DDF664D6B4

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 9D6D659E-EA94-4B8E-9E46-8FC97D9E0422

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 0EAA0F9A-8F2A-48FE-A1C9-FC430BE1366F

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash D439D3D9-B354-4E52-9C6E-896C5B3E8B32

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 2073F8CB-1B1A-4D9E-A0E4-EA2DE720A9C7

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 71003930-8347-4A41-B473-D78435490DDB
My 2021 Bronco Sport was totaled also. It protected me well. I love how you put that it sacrificed its life for me. Truth!

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash Bronco

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Man, that angers me on 2 accounts. That we have a BL down permanently, and that those P.O.S. endangered a child like that. The whole situation is heartbreaking. Truly sorry to be out this special vehicle. No doubt about it. We all love it and hope you find a new one. Glad you were safe tho not surprising. This "Lil guy" can take a hit.

jaja6009

Big Bend
First Name
Jamieson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Glad you are okay. One of the reasons I chose my Bronco Sport was an article on all of its safety features.

My BS was also an indulgence as it was the first ever brand new car for me. Mine got hit by a drunk driver but only had minor damage.

Good luck in whatever new vehicle you get.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Glad to hear you’re ok and the car kept you safe! Had to be pretty scary. Best of luck replacing it and hopefully finding another one you like.

Sure hope if one good thing comes out of that is that that poor child gets taken away from people who are that negligent and irresponsible and placed with someone who will take proper care. Not that that will stop them from procreating again I’m sure. ?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I’d still sue to do everything I could to mess that uninsured driver’s life up, but I’m a vindictive sob lol
Yeah someone like that prolly don’t have a pot to pizz in. Owns nothing, rents, prolly even rents furniture.
Calling Guito and getting some legs broken sounds fitting but it’s just wrong.
We pay for stupid one way or another.
At the very least the system should garnish wages for as long as it takes for you to recover every cent.
But then you’d likely literally be taking food from their children’s hungry bellies.
No money for auto insurance, but I’d bet you a Wooden nickel they got tattoos that cost hundreds or thousands and a thousand dollar cell phone that they check their food stamp balance on……
What did the wise man say?
Stupid is whut stupid does.. :’P

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Yeah someone like that prolly don’t have a pot to pizz in. Owns nothing, rents, prolly even rents furniture.
Calling Guito and getting some legs broken sounds fitting but it’s just wrong.
We pay for stupid one way or another.
At the very least the system should garnish wages for as long as it takes for you to recover every cent.
But then you’d likely literally be taking food from their children’s hungry bellies.
No money for auto insurance, but I’d bet you a Wooden nickel they got tattoos that cost hundreds or thousands and a thousand dollar cell phone that they check their food stamp balance on……
What did the wise man say?
Stupid is whut stupid does.. :’P
That tattoo comment. So true.
Sponsored