Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
It’s been four weeks since the unthinkable happened, and I got the official word two days ago: My beloved Bronco Sport Badlands is a total loss after sustaining $38,000 worth of damage in a four-car freeway crash.

Amazingly, I came out of the wreck without a scratch, but I’m an emotional wreck because I know I can’t replace it (we’ve looked — it can’t be found anywhere, and build-and-price on the Ford site won’t let me add everything mine had, I assume because they aren’t building them anymore).

I loved this car so much and buying it was the nicest thing I’ve ever done for myself, a total indulgence. All taken away by a reckless unlicensed uninsured 23-year-old idiot.

Damage was on both sides, front and back, because I got spun out and hit more than once before taking out the offramp wooden sign post.

Last three pics are after the repair shop took it apart to assess the (substantial) structural damage

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 5FDB05A9-EE25-435A-82DC-73DDF664D6B4

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 9D6D659E-EA94-4B8E-9E46-8FC97D9E0422

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 0EAA0F9A-8F2A-48FE-A1C9-FC430BE1366F

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash D439D3D9-B354-4E52-9C6E-896C5B3E8B32

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 2073F8CB-1B1A-4D9E-A0E4-EA2DE720A9C7

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 71003930-8347-4A41-B473-D78435490DDB
Sponsored

Last edited:

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It’s been four weeks since the unthinkable happened, and I got the official word two days ago: My beloved Bronco Sport Badlands is a total loss after sustaining $38,000 worth of damage in a four-car freeway crash.

Amazingly, I came out of the wreck without a scratch, but I’m an emotional wreck because I know I can’t replace it
This is the worst combination of "Safety systems did what they were supposed-to do." and "Augh, no replacement!"

:-(

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Build and Price on the Ford site is kinda broken at the moment. Seems they started to make changes for the ‘22 model year but haven’t rolled out the final. Anyway you can order a new one just the way you want. ‘22 order banks are open. You can’t get your Rapid Red color anymore though.

sorry about the accident, but glad you’re OK.

OP
OP
Fuzzbear

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I hope something good happens for you. Are they gonna hold the 23 year old responsible for the accident and charge him
He was cited at the scene for being unlicensed and uninsured, plus having an unrestrained baby in the car (6-month-old on the passenger's lap, was taken to the hospital). The report lists excessive speed and unsafe lane change as the primary crash factors, but I don't know what will happen to him legally. I do know he wrecked four cars, and there were some minor injuries to the other drivers, so I expect he's going to be hit with some lawsuits. (I've considered consulting a lawyer since I'm out a car through no fault of my own, but without injuries, I doubt anyone would take the case.)

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport

Amazingly, I came out of the wreck without a scratch, but I’m an emotional wreck because I know I can’t replace it (we’ve looked — it can’t be found anywhere, and build-and-price on the Ford site won’t let me add everything mine had, I assume because they aren’t building them anymore).

I loved this car so much and buying it was the nicest thing I’ve ever done for myself, a total indulgence. All taken away by a reckless unlicensed uninsured 23-year-old idiot.

Damage was on both sides, front and back, because I got spun out and hit more than once before taking out the offramp wooden sign post.

Last three pics are after the repair shop took it apart to assess the (substantial) structural damage

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 5FDB05A9-EE25-435A-82DC-73DDF664D6B4

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 9D6D659E-EA94-4B8E-9E46-8FC97D9E0422

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 0EAA0F9A-8F2A-48FE-A1C9-FC430BE1366F

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash D439D3D9-B354-4E52-9C6E-896C5B3E8B32

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 2073F8CB-1B1A-4D9E-A0E4-EA2DE720A9C7

Ford Bronco Sport It gave its life for me. Badlands totaled in four-car freeway crash 71003930-8347-4A41-B473-D78435490DDB
I'm so sorry about your accident and loss. The vehicle can be replaced, it may not be exactly what you had, but hopefully close to or better. You on the other hand cannot be replaced. Glad you're ok.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
What a sin! I’m sorry you went through this! I know we spoke in another thread, but thankfully you are safe and unharmed. As far as not being able to replace your car - it sucks! These cars are special, I grew very attached to mine too. And especially if this was a big milestone and treat to yourself. Don’t let someone else’s stupidity (sheer selfishness if you ask me) get the better of you.
Side note: Years ago my husband was struck from behind while he was stopped in a brand new GMC Canyon Denali. Actually broke the frame. Other driver was a young girl with a suspended license, she was probably texting and driving. My state is a no fault state so the girl basically walked away. My husband did have minor injuries and was out of his truck for almost 2 months. It was definitely one of those times where you don’t understand why people get away with terrible things and good people are the ones who suffer. I don’t know why things happen the way they do, but stay positive! You’ll find something even better.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I'm so sorry about your accident and loss. The vehicle can be replaced, it may not be exactly what you had, but hopefully close to or better. You on the other hand cannot be replaced. Glad you're ok.
I agree - I said the same exact thing in another thread ☺

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Jeez....you are very lucky you weren't harmed but man does that hurt to see a fellow BL banged up like that. You are probably right about the lawsuit due to lack of injury; NY you need to miss 90 days of work before any compensation can happen as far as lawsuits go. I do see some dealerships that has BL in transit/and or on the lot. They are marked up but are available "if you have to have a BL". A quick flight and a nice drive back to Cali. ? Regardless good luck and all the best ???

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You said it in the title. It gave itself for you, a testament to the safety of the vehicle, and maybe if you weren’t in the Bronco Sport you would have been hurt. I’m sure there's another Badlands in your future. Just glad you’re ok.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
He was cited at the scene for being unlicensed and uninsured, plus having an unrestrained baby in the car (6-month-old on the passenger's lap, was taken to the hospital). The report lists excessive speed and unsafe lane change as the primary crash factors, but I don't know what will happen to him legally. I do know he wrecked four cars, and there were some minor injuries to the other drivers, so I expect he's going to be hit with some lawsuits. (I've considered consulting a lawyer since I'm out a car through no fault of my own, but without injuries, I doubt anyone would take the case.)
So sorry you have to go thru with this, but happy you are doing well. I was involved in an uninsured motorist accident. There's usually nobody for the lawyer to go after... Most uninsured don't have the money to pay for insurance so any settlement would just be another bill they don't pay. It's a tough situation hopefully your insurance company steps up and does the right thing. Best of luck

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Glad you are ok and hope the others are well also. Him being unlicensed and uninsured I'm guessing a lawsuit will be fruitless. Sorry about your loss.
Sponsored