Is there a way to report DIY oil changes to Ford?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I searched but could not find an answer -- is there a way to report/document oil changes to Ford?

With previous vehicles I've just saved the old oil filters. Unless they are black, I write the date and mileage at installation on the filter, and when a filter is removed I put it in the box the replacement filter came in, and write the date and mileage at removal on the box.

I figure that should be enough evidence -- the used filters, which have some oil left in them if the dealer/mfr wants to analyze it.

Still, I thought there might be a way to keep records that Ford has access to.
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I have no smart phone. therefore, no Ford Pass apt. I'm on the Ford Owners site, however. You used to be able to list all your services on this site. I'm not sure if that's still possible. I keep a folder and list date and milage for anything I do on my vehicle. This includes oil and filter changes, tire rotations, light bulb change/upgrade, wax and interior detail etc. This way I have a quick reference tool for any services done. I also use a silver Sharpie and mark the date and mileage under my hood for oil and/or any filter changes. A little gas cleans it off and I change it when I change it the next time.
Ford Bronco Sport Is there a way to report DIY oil changes to Ford? 100_6529.JPG

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I have no smart phone. therefore, no Ford Pass apt. I'm on the Ford Owners site, however. You used to be able to list all your services on this site. I'm not sure if that's still possible. I keep a folder and list date and milage for anything I do on my vehicle. This includes oil and filter changes, tire rotations, light bulb change/upgrade, wax and interior detail etc. This way I have a quick reference tool for any services done. I also use a silver Sharpie and mark the date and mileage under my hood for oil and/or any filter changes. A little gas cleans it off and I change it when I change it the next time.
Ford Bronco Sport Is there a way to report DIY oil changes to Ford? 100_6529.JPG
If you log in on Ford.com you can go to my account>vehicle dashboard>scroll down to the cards at the bottom and select "view your comprehensive service history"> once you click on view records you can add a new service.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Save your receipts. I took photos with my phone of the oil change, and the mileage on the dashboard. Reset your oil life monitor. Saved everything to my computer.

Overkill, maybe, but I'm covered if any questions arise.
Sponsored