Shanny31

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lease Ford Ecosport, waiting on Bronco Sport OB
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this topic, but I'm curious about the Safari Roof Rack, and how easily it might be removed. I asked for the Safari roof bc my SO and his son are both tall, and we could use the extra space for them to be comfortable. But I didn't necessarily *need* the roof rack, and not sure how soon/often we might actually need to use it once the BS is delivered. Is the rack something that's easily removable? I did order a moon roof, and the rack is going to pretty much block it, otherwise.
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this topic, but I'm curious about the Safari Roof Rack, and how easily it might be removed. I asked for the Safari roof bc my SO and his son are both tall, and we could use the extra space for them to be comfortable. But I didn't necessarily *need* the roof rack, and not sure how soon/often we might actually need to use it once the BS is delivered. Is the rack something that's easily removable? I did order a moon roof, and the rack is going to pretty much block it, otherwise.
Not quite sure I parse.

On the Bronco Sport (derived from the same chassis as the Ford Escape), the roof is part of the body. The "elevated" second row section is actually a change in height of the roof steel itself.

The "panoramic roof" / "sunroof" glass itself travels above the roofline, not inside it. Unsure how much interior ceiling height it sacrifices inside the ceiling panel for the sunshade portion.

The exterior roof rails (running front-to-back) are mounted entirely above the roofline itself, to the roof steel.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm still waiting for someone to use a cutoff wheel and make sport into a convertible...just need to get stupid rich
Sponsored