tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had my 2021 Area 51 BS BL with ebony/roast seating since mid December and put ~ 2600km on it so far.
YET, starting to feel like the honeymoon is over already. Looking around at full size Broncos as a replacement for a few reasons: 1) more interior space, 2) bigger cargo area, 3) more towing capacity (which provides more options), and, 4) bigger engine(s).

Anyone else felt this way? I've seen a few on here that already have made the move.

Here's my BS BL window sticker details:

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? Bronco Window Sticker 1

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? Bronco Window Sticker 2

Thinking of a full size Outer Banks replacement.
I added an extra 3 yr warranty as well for a total of 6yr, 120000km full coverage.
Any thoughts from those who have made the move? Were your expectations met, or, was there disappointment?
I'm going from a loaded Lincoln MKC Reserve to a BS... since I've had 3 build date delays already since January, the honeymoon may be over before it starts. One day I'm hyped up, the next day I think I may have made a big mistake.
But I'm just leasing the OB BS so I guess if I don't like it...not the end of the world.

Last edited:

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Had my 2021 Area 51 BS BL with ebony/roast seating since mid December and put ~ 2600km on it so far.
YET, starting to feel like the honeymoon is over already. Looking around at full size Broncos as a replacement for a few reasons: 1) more interior space, 2) bigger cargo area, 3) more towing capacity (which provides more options), and, 4) bigger engine(s).

Anyone else felt this way? I've seen a few on here that already have made the move.

I added an extra 3 yr warranty as well for a total of 6yr, 120000km full coverage.
Any thoughts from those who have made the move? Were your expectations met, or, was there disappointment?
I contemplated the same thing. I have test driven the big bronco a couple times, had a deal for one with a local dealer and ultimately pulled back and decided to keep the sport. I have a baby on the way and wanted a little extra space for daily stuff and vacations.

I did this for a couple reasons , mainly the lack of a hardtop being available at the moment and I need roof racks for kayaking and other activities.

The Big bronco is in such high demand that dealers are being jerks about them. I got in a battle over one of them with the general manager at the dealership, since he had a deposit on one on the lot but was willing to let it go for one that was inbound in 5 weeks. He kept going back and forth on which one he was going to keep, knowing that if I walked on the deal someone else would walk in to take it. I got tired of playing the waiting game.

Instead of the big bronco, I bought a rooftop cargo carrier and decided that it will continue to serve me just fine. It's great on gas, less than 1% financing, I got it below MSRP and I also have a lifetime powertrain warranty on it. When I broke it all down it seemed dumb to get rid of it for how inexpensive the vehicle really is. The Big bronco on the other hand would have been 2.49%, full MSRP + whatever BS surcharges they decided to add and no lifetime powertrain warranty, along with worse fuel mileage.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
When I went to the dealer to see the broncos, all I had seen was the big bronco from the Ford website. After seeing the sport there (they had several at the time), I asked the salesman "does the top come off, can I take the doors off?". After a "NO" answer I'm still happy with a sport.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm coming up on 1 year of ownership of my Sport and have no plans whatsoever to buy something else.

OTOH, my previous daily driver was a Ranger I drove for 20 years and before that a F150 4x4 I drove for 24 years, so I obviously don't buy a lot of vehicles.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Yes, I like my big bend very much, and I was never a Ford person, I always drove GM and I work for Chrysler/Jeep. If something happened to it, it may be hard to get another one.

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? Bronco Window Sticker 1

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? Bronco Window Sticker 2

Personally I like the looks of the BS better than the 4 door Bronco. Now a 2 door Bronco with Sacquatch package would tempt me. However I am not paying a kings ransom to get one!

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Personally I like the looks of the BS better than the 4 door Bronco. Now a 2 door Bronco with Sasquatch package would tempt me. However I am not paying a kings ransom to get one!

B-rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I bounce back and forth a bit on this one too. Not that the honeymoon is over, but that the full-sized Bronco is sharp. The back-and-forth on this thread is how I see things too. In my work, I actually go to sites where a 4X4 is absolutely necessary, as I work in the field of solid waste (i.e. landfills, Superfund sites...). So far, my Bronco Sport has taken me through things I don't honestly believe all 4X4's could get through (12"+ of soupy mud, 15" of snow...). Add the better gas mileage, the roof rack option, and the price difference, and I'll keep the electric Harley as my expensive toy. For me, the BS has never left me stuck yet, and it's a pretty nice highway ride too. If someone really needs a 4X4 and doesn't need to tow (much anyway), it's an incredibly capable 4X4. Just looks a tad like a Matchbox Car.

Like others here, I may reconsider in the future when they go with an alternative fuel and if Ford brings the price down to where I don't have to sell a kidney to have one. For now, it's built a lot of confidence in where I sometimes have to take it, like earlier today.

J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The BS BB is perfect for my setup…. I wanted a reliable, decent setup daily driver. My last 3 daily drivers were Honda Civics… 30 mpg average driving fast all the time. May last one was a hatch back and I liked the added room. But still wasn’t enough room.

I got a cane corso and decided since he will be 165 lbs or so at full size, a decent MPG suv would be a great idea.

so, now I have the 22 BB and am supper happy with it. If I need to trailer anything large, I have my 2014 F250…

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? 32C862EB-5C47-4B54-BE29-77A2AAB24994

Ford Bronco Sport Is the Honeymoon over already? 5F9F657B-71AF-49A6-8FF2-3881B83F2285

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have to agree with legacy40k. Hold onto your BS for a few years until Ford comes out with a Bronco hybrid. That is what I will be doing. Hybrid model was planned for release in 2025, FMC recently changed that to 2024. I'm guessing it may switch back to 2025. I'm currently waiting for shipping/delivery of BS Big Bend.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I'm going from a loaded Lincoln MKC Reserve to a BS... since I've had 3 build date delays already since January, the honeymoon may be over before it starts. One day I'm hyped up, the next day I think I may have made a big mistake.
But I'm just leasing the OB BS so I guess if I don't like it...not the end of the world.
I'm still getting over being butt hurt after all the Lot Rot stuff.

But I have to admit the BS is a damn good vehicle. Everytime I drive it my BH dies a little. I even smiled the other day coming out of the store seeing the sun on the paint.

It's everything I wanted and expected it to be.

That was like training wheels for my ongoing long wait for a 2dr Bronco.

IOW, don't let the angst build up on you like it did me. You'll love it when you get it. If not it has high trade in value.