thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Once you've used adaptive cruise, you can't go back to the "dumb" type without constantly getting frustrated at how stupid it is, needing you to keep adjusting your cruise speed when you come up on slower traffic in your lane, etc.
I drove down to Portland from the Seattle area a couple of years ago and was overwhelmingly frustrated at how seldom I could have cruise control on for more than a few minutes. That was a long trip to never just "set it and forget it."
Sponsored

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Couple of thoughts..

• Factory Nav works off Satellite. So, No Cell Service.. No nav.
  • 4 words. MOAB bread crumbs mode (look that one up!)
  • Factory Nav data is expired before you take delivery. I do love those annual $100 post cards from Ford offering to update my Ford Nav map data. Kindling.
  • Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze map data is accurate up to the minute.
  • Using CarPlay with Google Maps in satellite view mode is sublime - especially at night. Actually that is worth buying a cell phone for (how much is Ford nav again? More than a cell phone that runs car play?)
  • Factory Nav has an excellent display of complex exit options in metro areas.. (That still didn’t save me a few years ago on a road trip for a three way split of 9 lanes in DC. Ask my kids.)
  • The Same snarky In-laws who make fun of me for not picking all the meat from my chicken bone properly (waste!) also laugh off needing a nav. “You can’t find the grocery store? You have lived here your whole life”! (Don’t talk about it on the 4th of July). (Luddites)
  • If your wife and kids are yelling at each other and you are trying to find that junior high basketball venue in a complicated part of town you don’t know, the Nav (with voice actually on) is incredibly useful. (Except for the in-laws who don’t leave the barn.)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
  • Factory Nav works off Satellite. So, No Cell Service.. No nav.
You don't need cell service for the factory navigation system. That's one of the advantages of having factory nav. If you have the presence of mind you can download maps to your the Google Maps app on your phone to make them available offline, but you cannot get traffic information on Google Maps without cell service.

VE4DB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I got the 360+ in My BL an love it for the adaptive cruise. I had much the same system in my semi, Put well over a million miles on the system. Sure Like the system in heavy, an lots of construction traffic. An even keeps the wife between the lines. She's got a habit of going close to the shoulder when meeting semi's on double lane highways. An sure having the navigation is handy when cell service sucks.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE