Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
pretty sure it's the shorter wheelbase that's limiting the Tow on the BS, not the engine or cooling.
Add softer suspension to that list. If you look at the Raptor vs the Tremor tow ratings one big difference is the suspension. Nobody thinks a Raptor is too short or in need of a cooling upgrade but it sure squats with a load.

Tongue weight on a 2,000# trailer should be around 200#, 9-15% rule.
Sponsored

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I’ve got to wonder about Ford resurrecting the Maverick name. I get the desire to continue the “pony” theme but how many people even remember the car let alone fondly? Maybe it wasn’t a Gremlin but at best it was a non-entity. Perhaps that’s what Ford is counting on as they launch with hybrid razzle-dazzle. My apologies to those of you who have old Maverick posters and T-shirts.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve got to wonder about Ford resurrecting the Maverick name. I get the desire to continue the “pony” theme but how many people even remember the car let alone fondly? Maybe it wasn’t a Gremlin but at best it was a non-entity. Perhaps that’s what Ford is counting on as they launch with hybrid razzle-dazzle. My apologies to those of you who have old Maverick posters and T-shirts.
The original Maverick was before my time and while I'm sure its reputation is well-deserved among those who owned one, it doesn't have the same negative pop culture vibe as the Pinto or Gremlin, which people still "know of" without ever having owned or seen one in the wild. For the new Maverick's target market, I doubt any of this will register.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
The original Maverick was before my time and while I'm sure its reputation is well-deserved among those who owned one, it doesn't have the same negative pop culture vibe as the Pinto or Gremlin, which people still "know of" without ever having owned or seen one in the wild. For the new Maverick's target market, I doubt any of this will register.
I actually shared a 71 Pinto with my sister ($2,300 as I recall) which had a remarkably smooth german 2L engine and 4 spd that was pretty sporty to drive. On the other hand, a 7 hour trip from Atlanta to Louisville about put me in traction it was so horribly uncomfortable. It’s propensity to explode with a rear end collision was just icing on the cake. Sold it 6 or 7 years later to someone in Detroit who used it as basis for a kit car of some sort.
Agreed, Maverick left almost no footprints.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Orig Maverick was low cost car back in day. No musclecar eng option but if they would have offered like 351 4 bbl 4 spd with the two door body style it would have been a hit. Ford decided no high performance Maverick option back in day despite good looks of the two door. They sold a lot of mavericks in the 70s very popular commuter car back then.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
the original Mav wasn't as bad as some infer, just pretty boring. at least they didn't dissolve into iron oxide quite as fast as a vega, dart or dare I say it - some jeeps..

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
As I do....I know everyone places the BS above this pickup truck.
I see many new teenage drivers having a wrangler, and now some the BS.....this pickup seems like a great low cost alternative.

Relatively muscular looking, good mpg, and a good base price. I am looking forward to see what safety sensors the base model has.
Sponsored