First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wonder how long a wait for a fully loaded Lariat with FX4, 2.0 Ecoboost, and moonroof? Half a year? Maybe longer? Multiple price increases between order and delivery? Hmmmm.....

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Wonder how long a wait for a fully loaded Lariat with FX4, 2.0 Ecoboost, and moonroof? Half a year? Maybe longer? Multiple price increases between order and delivery? Hmmmm.....
as of now they are only offering it in on the build and price in FWD. no 4x4, AWD or FX4

When ordering your dealer should lock in the price of a vehicle.

If I did not have a BS and was in the market for a vehicle I would consider one of these if it came in AWD . No way am I going from a BS to another vehicle. ( the BS is perfect for me )

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Anyone notice that they are offering "Protective Film Hood/Fenders" as a factory option? I wonder why? <sarcasm> Meanwhile I keep reading complaints about new BS owners that are getting "dinged" with paint dings right down to the metal.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
If I did not have a BS and was in the market for a vehicle I would consider one of these if it came in AWD
Same, there's a lot to like about the Maverick at the price point and fuel economy, a hybrid AWD would be perfect. Even so, I think these will be popular in urban areas where you don't 'need' an F-150 and parking/maneuvering one is a hassle. (Ask me how I know.)

My first vehicle was a no-frills 1990 Nissan hardbody truck so I've always had a soft spot for small trucks.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Now the question becomes will the bronco sport in 2022 be offered with a hybrid engine? The fox news article I read about this truck said "The Maverick fits into the Ford pickup lineup below the Ranger and is built on the same basic unibody platform as the Bronco Sport and Escape. "

If its the same basic platform that can hold a hybrid engine, shouldn't a bronco sport be able to as well? I wouldn't expect a hybrid badlands type but maybe a lower trim. Though the hybrid pricetag would probably make the bronco name too expensive for most people so maybe Ford wont bother.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Now the question becomes will the bronco sport in 2022 be offered with a hybrid engine? The fox news article I read about this truck said "The Maverick fits into the Ford pickup lineup below the Ranger and is built on the same basic unibody platform as the Bronco Sport and Escape. "

If its the same basic platform that can hold a hybrid engine, shouldn't a bronco sport be able to as well? I wouldn't expect a hybrid badlands type but maybe a lower trim. Though the hybrid pricetag would probably make the bronco name too expensive for most people so maybe Ford wont bother.
Did I miss something or is the hybrid only on the FWD version? I am hoping anything with a BRONCO name can power all four wheels in some form. The BS software has me thinking all electric with an engine at each wheel.

awinter105

Outer Banks
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow, they really try to sell you on how functional the Maverick is at such a good entry price for a hybrid truck. I think I'd take a Ranger over this any day (or keep my BS of course, the obvious choice lol) despite all the cute features. Also, keypad buttons over the touchpad?! They must've had a warehouse full of old keypads gathering dust to decide on that :crackup:

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Order today for a 2024 delivery and Ford will happily lie to you every few months that it’s almost built.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
After looking over some of the builds...

Cactus grey looks terrible on the truck for some reason. Looks great on my Bronco Sport though ?

All trims have a CVT...proceed with caution.

No option for Copilot Assist+, which means no adaptive cruise control.

DonBennett69

Big Bend
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 SuperDuty
Ha! When I went to work for Amoco Production Company (oil/natural gas production and processing) in 1977, we had, in the company car pool, Ford Maverick compact sedans. Those and AMC Gremlins among other real winners. To say that those vehicles were not always suitable for travel on the lease roads is an understatement. It took many years of concerted effort to convince management to finally buy pickup trucks for managers, carpools, etc., and more years to get 4x4's for those personnel that needed that capability. Something about people being able to get to a well location and get that well back on production (i.e., making money) finally registered in those hard heads.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
So the 2.0L EcoBoost on this unibody CVT vehicle can tow 2 tons but the 2.0L EcoBoost on the Unibody Badlands can only tow 1 ton?
That definitely grabbed my attention too. I don't hate how it looks, but it just doesn't compel me to buy one either like the BS did.
Sponsored