interior swaps and parts

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
quite a bit of personalizing of everyone's broncos has me thinking a lot about what can be better. I found a center armrest tray thanks to a number of folks here who understood they were the same as the modern escapes. I was peeking at the Maverick site to see if anything new is coming from that assembly and consider it's built at the same plant, using the same frame, one would assume they might use as many cross over basic parts as possible.
I use my phone with WAZE for navigation, and most often either 'dump' it in the cup holder or lay it on one of the trays. Looking at this photo of the Maverick at the Chicago show...makes me wonder if an insert swap would be possible. I like the divider and particularly what appears to be an upright phone prop? Granted neon orange wouldn't be a color choice for me, but...hmmm
Ford Bronco Sport interior swaps and parts Interior Pics Maverick XLT Hybrid Interior Pics  5
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Someone is still going to have to be the brave first person to get the Escape sun visors (with the GDO) and see if they fit better and give us that option. I'll probably try that one myself when I get around to it because I am 99% sure it would work. I'm just cheap and scouring junkyards instead of paying at the part counter for the visors.

That tray looks the wrong shape for our media bin. I'm working up a mod right now such that I don't want to change the tray anyhow. It wouldn't be hard for someone to come up with a 3D print phone stand STL for there however.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Someone is still going to have to be the brave first person to get the Escape sun visors (with the GDO) and see if they fit better and give us that option. I'll probably try that one myself when I get around to it because I am 99% sure it would work. I'm just cheap and scouring junkyards instead of paying at the part counter for the visors.

That tray looks the wrong shape for our media bin. I'm working up a mod right now such that I don't want to change the tray anyhow. It wouldn't be hard for someone to come up with a 3D print phone stand STL for there however.
yep I was thinking the same, but so hard to tell. It's definitely missing the small opening between cup holders and has extra space at the rear of the console. Time will tell I suppose. And yes I have to believe the escape lighted visor/GDO will work. I watched a video demonstrating the swap. it's just plug and play so long as you have a light in your visor to power the opener.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Nah, I just figure the mat is different because it's basically a square base and ours are trapezoids. It might fit "in", but it won't "fit" the BS console. Interestingly, they opted to not put orange pads at the bottom of the cupholders like the pads we got in ours. I still laugh at the credit card holder too. Someone was willing to accept any idea for that space.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is my set up for now; not in love with it but I'm able to use my phone easily. It tightens onto the horizontal vents, and cools my phone during use.

Ford Bronco Sport interior swaps and parts 20210718_123821

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
quite a bit of personalizing of everyone's broncos has me thinking a lot about what can be better. I found a center armrest tray thanks to a number of folks here who understood they were the same as the modern escapes. I was peeking at the Maverick site to see if anything new is coming from that assembly and consider it's built at the same plant, using the same frame, one would assume they might use as many cross over basic parts as possible.
I use my phone with WAZE for navigation, and most often either 'dump' it in the cup holder or lay it on one of the trays. Looking at this photo of the Maverick at the Chicago show...makes me wonder if an insert swap would be possible. I like the divider and particularly what appears to be an upright phone prop? Granted neon orange wouldn't be a color choice for me, but...hmmm
Ford Bronco Sport interior swaps and parts Interior Pics Maverick XLT Hybrid Interior Pics  5
Do you happen to know the part number for the escape console tray you mentioned?

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is my set up for now; not in love with it but I'm able to use my phone easily. It tightens onto the horizontal vents, and cools my phone during use.

Ford Bronco Sport interior swaps and parts 20210718_123821
I'm curious as to why you want a phone holder. I use Carplay if I want to use the phone and I do it through the Bronco screen. Most of the time, though, I leave my phone in my pocket and I get and send phone calls and texts doing that. If I want navigation, I use the Ford built in one. It does the job fine.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm curious as to why you want a phone holder. I use Carplay if I want to use the phone and I do it through the Bronco screen. Most of the time, though, I leave my phone in my pocket and I get and send phone calls and texts doing that. If I want navigation, I use the Ford built in one. It does the job fine.
Mine didn't come with the Ford nav and to me Waze does a better job with user input and cop/hazard/stop and reroute display. The phone holder would be better for me, but it's not a deal breaker clearly. The upper tray area works well, but having a angled tray just looked like a nice option.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Waze, YouTube, having the option to use my phone hands free for anything. I don't have the nav as well......
Sponsored