bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I have a Bronco Badlands with the plastic door panels. I have scuff marks where I have accidently kicked the lower portion of the panels and I cannot remove the scuff marks. I have tried back to black trim cleaner, soap and warm water, nothing removes the marks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Those are there to stay. Unless you take like a VERY fine grit sandpaper and blend that scuff. But yeah, you could try interior protective wipes as well, but I'm pretty sure scuffs will need resurfacing. Maybe before the sandpaper a buffer first.

jamaicandave

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a Bronco Badlands with the plastic door panels. I have scuff marks where I have accidently kicked the lower portion of the panels and I cannot remove the scuff marks. I have tried back to black trim cleaner, soap and warm water, nothing removes the marks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
My detailer solved it for me as I had the same problem. Not only on the lower doors but inside the load space noticeable scuffs caused by a minimum of friction. His solution, which works great:

Give the trim a good spray of general purpose cleaner or spray 9, rub dry with a microfibre cloth. If any of the cloth is left behind on the trim remove it. Then use a product called Car-Brite Inside Out Detailer https://carbrite.com/products/inside-out-detailer-10-oz

How you use it is to from approximately 12 to 18 inches away from the trim spray it on the trim as if you want to gently mist the trim in a sweeping motion. Not continuous spray but as if you were using spray paint to give a very light coat to hide a defect. Keep doing it until the scuffs disappear. It usually takes less than 5 seconds. Let dry for 30 seconds then use another clean microfibre cloth to very gently buff the area to make the sprayed outer area blend with the surrounding trim.

It won't make it go away forever, but it will make the trim look factory new for quite a while. If you get new scuffs or the treated area shows the scuffs or you get mud or dirt on the treated area and cleaning it reveals the scuffs then repeat process.

Note, my detailer recommended leaving windows down part way for a couple of hours after doing this as the odour of the spray is very powerful and may be irritating. Likewhise do it in a well ventilated area or use a respirator.

Car-Brite video here shows how best to apply it

It works great!

Last edited:

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Use a magic eraser lightly or scotch bright pad
Sponsored