Sueforand

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Bug Conv. Dune
If they say that the BS is based off the Escape footprint, then if I wanted to get some idea as to what the interior dimensions would be (since there are not any on the lot) I guess all I would need to do is to go look at a new Escape to get a basic idea of what the front and rear leg room and head room would be as well as the Cargo space. I mean its not based off an Edge so it can't be any more than that, (Escape) correct?
Sponsored

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
There is more headroom in the bronco sport. The escape is longer with a longer cargo area but the bronco sport has more cargo volume due to the higher roof. The escape has 40 inches of rear seat leg room. Bronco sport has 36 inches of rear seat leg room
Along those lines any thoughts on how the drivers set height/entry for the Badlands compares to Escape ? Or what car you think it will be similar to ? I drive BMW X1 now which is higher than sedan or coupe, but lower than typical pickup or full size SUV. I am in the group that would have been fine with Outer Banks, but wanted the 2L engine. Thanks for all the great information on the car on the forum.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Along those lines any thoughts on how the drivers set height/entry for the Badlands compares to Escape ? Or what car you think it will be similar to ? I drive BMW X1 now which is higher than sedan or coupe, but lower than typical pickup or full size SUV. I am in the group that would have been fine with Outer Banks, but wanted the 2L engine. Thanks for all the great information on the car on the forum.
The escape and bronco sport have about the same ground clearance.

Escape (all trims) - 7.8”
BS Base and Big Bend - 7.8”
BS Outer Banks - 7.9”
BS Badlands (w/ optional 29” tires) - 8.8”

the BMW X1 has 7.2”.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
The escape and bronco sport have about the same ground clearance.

Escape (all trims) - 7.8”
BS Base and Big Bend - 7.8”
BS Outer Banks - 7.9”
BS Badlands (w/ optional 29” tires) - 8.8”

the BMW X1 has 7.2”.
With a little luck Ford will have a road tour like they are doing now with Mustang Mach e so people can actually try out things like seating. Besides numbers things like seat offset into car, seat height adjustment and floor pan depth ultimately determine how egress feels. I know others on forum have asked same question and getting some personal experiences with car will help.

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
x1000 to what GTI says/types...I want to be able to see how the seats are (getting in/out, driver's seat height, etc...)
Sponsored