Interior Camera - Driver Attention?

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Quick question. I was on a road trip in my FE last week and was enjoying life on the interstate in cruise control @ 75 MPH.

I turned my head for a few moments to sneeze and to my surprise the cruise control turned off! This happened again when I found myself tipping my head back to get the very last of the tea I was drinking.

This happen to anyone else? Is there a camera watching me to see when I take my eyes off the road? If so, where is it? My best guess would be up near the rear view mirror?
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Okay, this intrigued me so I tested itā€¦ at least up until by wife said ā€œWHAT are you doing???!!!ā€ I explained about how I was testing the theory of this post on the Bronco Sport board (I think she is going to hide my BS fobs).

Anyway, I can state there is no monitor (as long as my wife isnā€™t in the car). More likely the cruise turned off because the system just lost track of the road. This happens to me all the time when I play with it on the one road on our island I can go over 40.

OP
OP
Vyper

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Okay, this intrigued me so I tested itā€¦ at least up until by wife said ā€œWHAT are you doing???!!!ā€ I explained about how I was testing the theory of this post on the Bronco Sport board (I think she is going to hide my BS fobs).

Anyway, I can state there is no monitor (as long as my wife isnā€™t in the car). More likely the cruise turned off because the system just lost track of the road. This happens to me all the time when I play with it on the one road on our island I can go over 40.
Ha! Thanks for being a guinea pig and testing it out. Makes sense that the lane tracking is what caused it to shut off. Or maybe I bumped the button ???

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Driver alert system might do that?

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
A couple of months ago while at 55 or so on a straight 2 lane, I was reading something on the screen when the driver alert screen flashed on telling me to perhaps pull over and take a nap! I assumed that there was some kind of camera that detected my eyes had been focused off the road for too long but I actually have no idea. As someone else alluded to, my wife usually handles the driver monitor duties.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
sometimes when I sneeze my feet come off the ground, would that do it?

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
A couple of months ago while at 55 or so on a straight 2 lane, I was reading something on the screen when the driver alert screen flashed on telling me to perhaps pull over and take a nap! I assumed that there was some kind of camera that detected my eyes had been focused off the road for too long but I actually have no idea. As someone else alluded to, my wife usually handles the driver monitor duties.
They do that after a set number of minutes that the engine has been on. Most cars do it around 1 hour. My ā€˜13 Subaru will flash that it has been on for an hour on the dashboard screen.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
They do that after a set number of minutes that the engine has been on. Most cars do it around 1 hour. My ā€˜13 Subaru will flash that it has been on for an hour on the dashboard screen.
One hour? My ginormous prostate has my timer set for more like 45 minutes.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
One hour? My ginormous prostate has my timer set for more like 45 minutes.
Due to DVTs my family has to stop on the hour and get out and walk. Much different from when I was in my 20ā€™s and the only stop I would do was gas.
Sponsored