David P

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Edge Titanium, '22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just picked up our '22 BS Badlands a few days ago and we can't seem to figure out why neither of the fobs will allow us to lock or unlock by touching the passenger side door handle. The drivers side works fine when we touch it to lock or unlock but the passenger side will not. Both fobs unlock all doors with one click of the unlock button. Is there a setting or something that controls the intelligent access? We have been through all the settings as far as I know and can't seem to find anything that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Just picked up our '22 BS Badlands a few days ago and we can't seem to figure out why neither of the fobs will allow us to lock or unlock by touching the passenger side door handle. The drivers side works fine when we touch it to lock or unlock but the passenger side will not. Both fobs unlock all doors with one click of the unlock button. Is there a setting or something that controls the intelligent access? We have been through all the settings as far as I know and can't seem to find anything that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!
There are options in your settings on the large screen menu under locks and remote unlock. Drivers door only or all are the two settings.

Last edited:
OP
OP

David P

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That setting is set to all doors. We changed it to the drivers door only and it worked as it should, changed it to all doors and it still only works on the drivers door with either fob.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That setting is set to all doors. We changed it to the drivers door only and it worked as it should, changed it to all doors and it still only works on the drivers door with either fob.
That’s odd.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought intelligent access was only driver side, and rear cargo hatch. And the setting was in reference to what doors it unlocks, not what doors can be used to unlock. I could be wrong as I don’t use it, but that is the way I’ve understood it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The drivers side works fine when we touch it to lock or unlock but the passenger side will not. Both fobs unlock all doors with one click of the unlock button. Is there a setting or something that controls the intelligent access? We have been through all the settings as far as I know and can't seem to find anything that helps.
These are fairly complicated systems with some quirks. Based on others' experiences, it appears turning features on/off and switching modes can sometimes fix problems with intelligent access. For example, some have reported issues with rear hatch not unlocking using intelligent access. The fix for that is to use the buttons on a fob to lock, unlock, then re-lock the doors. After that intelligent access should be restored on the rear hatch. You may want to give that a try to see if it fixes your issue with the passenger door.

Something else you may wish to try is to switch between one- and two-stage unlocking. With two-stage unlocking activated the first press of the unlock button on a fob unlocks driver door; the second press unlocks all doors. With one-stage unlocking a single press of the unlock button on a fob unlocks all the doors. To switch between modes hold both lock and unlock buttons on a fob for three seconds. The direction indicators will flash to indicate you have switched modes.

If neither of these fixes your issue I would contact your dealer for a service visit.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Just to rule out the possibility; by passenger door, you mean the front door, right? The rear doors lack the IA components.

There were a number of people that had issues with the rear hatch IA quit working. The issue was "fixed" by using the remote fob lock and unlock buttons. I wonder if a few cycles of using the fob instead of the IA could resolve your issue?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hmmmm….intelligent access not working on passenger side.

Could be related to your passengers IQ….just saying….:crackup:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmm….intelligent access not working on passenger side.

Could be related to your passengers IQ….just saying….:crackup:
I’m not even going to say anything! :cool:

OP
OP

David P

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. It seems that driving it for a couple days seemed to have worked it out. No changes were made to any settings since Sunday but the front passenger door did not work yesterday but decided to work today when I went out to lunch. Guess we just need to put some miles on it to see what really is going to work or not work.

Thanks again! Glad to be part of the group finally!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. It seems that driving it for a couple days seemed to have worked it out. No changes were made to any settings since Sunday but the front passenger door did not work yesterday but decided to work today when I went out to lunch. Guess we just need to put some miles on it to see what really is going to work or not work.

Thanks again! Glad to be part of the group finally!
Glad to hear it!

PS: your locks didn’t need to work to be a part of our group! Just helps keep us out of your Bronco! :cool:

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
When the battery charge goes below a certain point, the IA will only work on the driver's door. Based on your report that driving a couple of days seemed to resolve the issue, I am thinking a low battery was causing the issue. I experienced this on my '19 Ranger and am dealing with it on my '22 BS, because I don't drive either vehicle enough. I make "short" trips and the vehicles' charging systems can't over come the parasitic draw of things such as the ASS and heated seats. Charging system needs more than 10-15 min run time to charge the battery.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
When the battery charge goes below a certain point, the IA will only work on the driver's door.
Interesting theory. I can't find anything in the Owner's Manual about this. The section regarding two-stage unlocking is on pg 64. It describes how to switch between unlocking modes. The manual does mention battery level in the context of Intelligent Access (pg 65), but it doesn't say anything about switching out of two-stage unlock mode, it says the system simply won't function:

The system will not function if:
  • Your vehicle battery has no charge.
  • The key battery has no charge.
  • The key frequencies are jammed.
Sponsored