Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering?

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? BFDEC9FD-0159-49B4-9C42-A6C972A35D31

Used the gloss black Plasti-Dip on the back and added a custom Ford badge overlay.
Lookin’ good! The overlay looks really good too. I’m waiting for my overlay order to arrive too. Glad to see a preview of what it will look like even though mine will be white on black.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Looks good. Thank you.
Funny you want the lettering to contrast, I want to make them body color. Have to find right shade of red to match. I think the white on red is harsh as well as the white on the charcoal grill.
Have you considered black?

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Reviving this thread. Has anyone tried Plasti-dip spray paint instead?
I used Plastidip on mine. I wanted my letters to match the grill color but couldn't find anything to match. After a lot of trial and error, I found the combination of Plastidip Gunmetal Gray and a top coat of Metalizer match it perfectly (gives the letters an embossed look). You really don't need to mask much since the overspray can be easily removed after application.

Plastidip Gunmetal Gray https://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-11-oz-Matte-Spray/dp/B00M0BQCZE/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=plasti+dip+gunmetal+gray&qid=1662976774&sprefix=plastidip+gunmetal,aps,82&sr=8-5
Plastidip Metalizer https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11287-Metalizer-Plasti-Dip/dp/B00PYENX1U/ref=sr_1_24?crid=2QW151D28ABVA&keywords=plastidip+gunmetal&qid=1662976665&sprefix=plastidip+gunmetal,aps,99&sr=8-24

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? IMG_0484.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? IMG_0488.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? IMG_0490.JPG

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Have you considered black?
I have not. It might be an option as well as the American flag overlay that I see on so many pickup trucks. And the grey plastidip on front might just be the ticket.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I have not. It might be an option as well as the American flag overlay that I see on so many pickup trucks. And the grey plastidip on front might just be the ticket.
I was thinking black, as an accent, would match the fenders and pillars.

Reactions: RS1

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I used Plastidip on mine. I wanted my letters to match the grill color but couldn't find anything to match. After a lot of trial and error, I found the combination of Plastidip Gunmetal Gray and a top coat of Metalizer match it perfectly (gives the letters an embossed look). You really don't need to mask much since the overspray can be easily removed after application.

Plastidip Gunmetal Gray https://www.amazon.com/Plasti-Dip-11-oz-Matte-Spray/dp/B00M0BQCZE/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=plasti+dip+gunmetal+gray&qid=1662976774&sprefix=plastidip+gunmetal,aps,82&sr=8-5
Plastidip Metalizer https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11287-Metalizer-Plasti-Dip/dp/B00PYENX1U/ref=sr_1_24?crid=2QW151D28ABVA&keywords=plastidip+gunmetal&qid=1662976665&sprefix=plastidip+gunmetal,aps,99&sr=8-24
Lookin’ good! The overlay looks really good too. I’m waiting for my overlay order to arrive too. Glad to see a preview of what it will look like even though mine will be white on black.
Got my overlay for the Ford emblem today. Looks better in person but loving the Bronco buck instead of Ford.
My Ford emblem overlay arrived today. It looks much better than the picture but wanted to share anyway. I love having the Bronco buck instead of Ford on the back. Not bad for $10. We’ll see how long it lasts!
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 0EADF41B-2EFA-4262-AD27-1C8A338E5FFC

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? IMG_0490.JPG
GREAT look, dude! I used vinyl because I wanted to get that metal/carbon grey look. That looks fantastic on your Kodiak and matches the side window too. I don't want to get back in to another project right now, but I may have to try that method out. Black and white both look "plasticky" to me. That looks like an actual metal emblem.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I got the TufSkinz overlays from the Ford Accessories website... They don't cover the whole letter, just the tops; That leaves a white outline around each. I was disappointed at first, but, the white outline grows on you :like: Really makes it stand out!

These are way thicker than some of the overlays on Etsy... They give a raised bubble effect that looks OEM. Fit perfectly and easy to install. I have the ones for the Front on order.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 20220910_124428

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 20220913_141043

MyKindOfBS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the TufSkinz overlays from the Ford Accessories website... They don't cover the whole letter, just the tops; That leaves a white outline around each. I was disappointed at first, but, the white outline grows on you :like: Really makes it stand out!

These are way thicker than some of the overlays on Etsy... They give a raised bubble effect that looks OEM. Fit perfectly and easy to install. I have the ones for the Front on order.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 20220910_124428

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 20220913_141043
I was thinking of these. Easy to install, how are they holding up?

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I was thinking of these. Easy to install, how are they holding up?
You made me look... They appear to be holding like the day I stuck them on. đź‘Ť

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Ended up being fairly easy to put the lettering on because it's on a strip so you just have to mark the strip. And now if I want to change with overlays I can
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? IMG_6849
Did you get the front letters done as well?

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
Did you get the front letters done as well?
I didn't do the front because it was white lettering on a black grill. However, yes you can get the vinyl overlays but I am a perfectionist and I wanted the 3D dimensional aspect as well as just having it look cleaner. The letters on the front are larger but I don't feel they would potentially be any different than the back letters regarding how they were initially installed with adhesive by the manufacturer. But almost everyone on here tried to talk me out of doing the lettering and just go with vinyl and I'm so glad I didn't. Additionally, I have been able to remove one of the ugly "waring" stickers on the visor, which everyone said was not possible. It took a long time and a lot of elbow grease a heating gun and goo remover, all of Which you have to be careful with in order to not cause damage, but I did it. Happy to share anything you want to know.

Warmly,
Traci
Sponsored