Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering?

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
Anyone get factory lettering? Is it peel and Stick? It was $187.00:curse:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
You don’t have to pay anyone to do it. I would put tape along the top/bottom of the letters, mark on the tape where each letter is so you know where to put the new letter. Use some dental floss to and pull it back and forth behind the letters until they come off. You will need some adhesive remover to remove the residue from the factory letters. Then using the tape and marks place the new letters on.

This is pretty much what a body shop would do as well and charge you at least a few hours of shop time to do.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Honestly no you don't. They are stuck on. Most have removed them with fishing line and some patience. Then a level and some painters tape you could do them yourself.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You could also just buy the black covers or black vinyl labels to put over the white letters.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hey y'all new here and so stoked with my new BS. I have the white edition and am getting black lettering for the tailgate. What have you all found to be the price for installation? I know you have to have it done at a body shop. Thanks so much :)
Diy. And you dont need dental floss. Just hair dryer and they come right off.. clean residue with microfiber and some water

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
You don’t have to pay anyone to do it. I would put tape along the top/bottom of the letters, mark on the tape where each letter is so you know where to put the new letter. Use some dental floss to and pull it back and forth behind the letters until they come off. You will need some adhesive remover to remove the residue from the factory letters. Then using the tape and marks place the new letters on.

This is pretty much what a body shop would do as well and charge you at least a few hours of shop time to do.
Oh man thanks so much. That is great news!

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
Honestly no you don't. They are stuck on. Most have removed them with fishing line and some patience. Then a level and some painters tape you could do them yourself.
Thank you! That's great info. Was worried about fishing wire scratching. What type of adhesive for re-application would you recommend... brand/type

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
Diy. And you dont need dental floss. Just hair dryer and they come right off.. clean residue with microfiber and some water
Did you do your tailgate as well? I know the grill is prob. easier. What type of adhesive did you use to re-attach?

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
[/QUOT
Did you do your tailgate as well? I know the grill is prob. easier. What type of adhesive did you use to re-attach?
Just to be clear because the tailgate is on the nice paint job as opposed to the grill

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Not on this car. But about 20 others.. the letters on front are attached by pins. You have to remove front grille.. I and a lot of others on here did a vynil overlay. $24 for front and back lettering from matrs vynil creations on etsy.. any color you could think.. and a lot of other cool stuff

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
So your're saying you can do this with dental floss on your paint not the grill?

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
And double sided 3 m tape.. stick to letter.. trim to size.. peel tape and stick..but i still say do a vynil overlay.. easier and chsnge color anytime for cheap

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
Not on this car. But about 20 others.. the letters on front are attached by pins. You have to remove front grille.. I and a lot of others on here did a vynil overlay. $24 for front and back lettering from matrs vynil creations on etsy.. any color you could think.. and a lot of other cool stuff
Damn already purchased through the dealer. But it sounds like the vinyl overlay is just as perfect. And looks exactly the same as the paint? Wow well now I will have options in the future. Would you mind sending me a link or supplying the name to the etsy store you used. The color of the lettering on your profile pic is dope.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Damn already purchased through the dealer. But it sounds like the vinyl overlay is just as perfect. And looks exactly the same as the paint? Wow well now I will have options in the future. Would you mind sending me a link or supplying the name to the etsy store you used. The color of the lettering on your profile pic is dope.
Look what I found on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1092906443/big-broncobronco-sport-letters-overlays?ref=share_v4_lx
Mine is matte neon green

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport