Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
someone on the main page just posted they had a dealer replace front and back for $350 at a Ford dealer. The rear you can do on your own, the front, it's possible...but as was mentioned those are pinned into the grill requiring full grill removal to replace them. That might be a big more daunting for some.
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Just do the overlay. Ive switchred colors 3 times(red, white green).. and costs me 64 bucks each time
3 base camp badges
Front and back lettering
Pin stripes and diamonds
Ford badge overlay with bronco
2 bucking broncos

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 20220531_101720

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 20220518_152928~2

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
You don’t have to pay anyone to do it. I would put tape along the top/bottom of the letters, mark on the tape where each letter is so you know where to put the new letter. Use some dental floss to and pull it back and forth behind the letters until they come off. You will need some adhesive remover to remove the residue from the factory letters. Then using the tape and marks place the new letters on.

This is pretty much what a body shop would do as well and charge you at least a few hours of shop time to do.
Thank you. We did it in not time at all. Dental floss worked great but we also used a heat gun on low setting which made it super easy.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? IMG_6849

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Reviving this thread. Has anyone tried Plasti-dip spray paint instead?

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I plan on doing Plasti-Dip on the back but haven't yet. I have used Plasti-Dip with my other vehicles and it works great. Super easy to do. The best part is it won't cost anywhere near $187!

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I plan on doing Plasti-Dip on the back but haven't yet. I have used Plasti-Dip with my other vehicles and it works great. Super easy to do. The best part is it won't cost anywhere near $187!
Funny that you replied on this particular day bc I just applied my first coat. 3 more coats to go and I will let you know how it goes!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Yes, it has been done by other forum members. Sounds like a pretty easy mod.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Funny that you replied on this particular day bc I just applied my first coat. 3 more coats to go and I will let you know how it goes!
Pictures please 👍🏻

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
My letters were free because when you purchase the car you automatically get ford passport point and it covered the cost of the letters. I do agree that out of pocket expense is ridiculous. But when I was doing searches I found them for cheaper. Painters tape, a level, dental floss and a heat gun or hair dryer. Super Easy. Also used a heat gun and goo. gone to remove the ugly visor warning stickers. Came out well.

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Pictures please 👍🏻
All done. Took about 2hrs bc I did 4 coats and waited 30mins between coats. I tried to video but I didn’t have it pointed right. Here’s a few before, during and after pics. Overall a very simple mod and impressed with the results all for $8 a can.
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? E00A0BEC-51C7-4AEE-A3D4-F702CE23E2FD
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 2980CC53-FBE6-431D-82F8-57EC9CF29E82
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? FB8CA30F-22D5-43D9-AB0B-053C74122575
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 7B956098-850A-494E-BD5E-AFD50FCF1E58
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? A8469E5E-9C2B-435D-A4C4-66040112A70A
Ford Bronco Sport Installing new lettering on the tailgate of Bronco Sport - factory lettering? 1EAD4D01-DF7C-42A4-977C-F6A7687002A6

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Looks good. Thank you.
Funny you want the lettering to contrast, I want to make them body color. Have to find right shade of red to match. I think the white on red is harsh as well as the white on the charcoal grill.

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Looks good. Thank you.
Funny you want the lettering to contrast, I want to make them body color. Have to find right shade of red to match. I think the white on red is harsh as well as the white on the charcoal grill.
Thanks. Yeah, This whole car is about contrast (black on white) so to me it makes it look much better. But the best thing of all is I can just peel it off later if I change my mind. :rockon:

OP
OP
TIP

TIP

Outer Banks
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Bronco Sport
I still win because mine was free and took 10 min and required no prep, no clean up AND I have a beautiful set of the bronco sport letters in white. haha I'm totally kidding. It really is super cool what you did and good to know for the future. I am in total agreement... the contrast is what makes it. Nice work :)
Looks good. Thank you.
I think you should do black on yours. I agree that white is not the right color.
Sponsored