Schmohawk007

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Would it be ok if I installed new lug nuts one at a time and torqued them down as I went?

I don't have a lot of space in my garage to pull the BS in to lift it. Otherwise I'll have to find a flat parking lot somewhere.
Sponsored

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Yes.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Would it be ok if I installed new lug nuts one at a time and torqued them down as I went?

I don't have a lot of space in my garage to pull the BS in to lift it. Otherwise I'll have to find a flat parking lot somewhere.
Is this a serious question?

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw

I used the same process when I changed out the chrome lug nuts for black ones on my '19 Ranger. I was told by a tire guy that I could do it that way, but just be sure to change them out in the proper pattern for torqueing them - i.e. change one out, then change out the one across the rim from it, working around the rim.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What did you get as replacements? I am thinking that I will want to switch mine out as well. My '19 Ranger has magnetic(dark grey) painted rims and the factory lugs were chrome which I swapped for black ones. What an improvement!

OP
OP

Schmohawk007

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What did you get as replacements? I am thinking that I will want to switch mine out as well. My '19 Ranger has magnetic(dark grey) painted rims and the factory lugs were chrome which I swapped for black ones. What an improvement!
Wheel Accessories Parts Set of 24... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08429TQZ5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Got the black set of 24 because they would/did arrive today. I am going out of town and didn't want to wait until the new year to install them. They worked perfectly.

OP
OP

Schmohawk007

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It does say it doesn't fit the Bronco Sport, but they went on no problem, and are identical in shape and size to the factory ones.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
id say you’ll be ok. i would suggest driving around the block, and retorquing them again.
Yep, a re-torque is always a good idea with new wheels or nuts. Check them again after 75 to 100 miles just to be sure. Or for sure if you notice or feel anything funny. But he's probably good...

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I used the same process when I changed out the chrome lug nuts for black ones on my '19 Ranger. I was told by a tire guy that I could do it that way, but just be sure to change them out in the proper pattern for torqueing them - i.e. change one out, then change out the one across the rim from it, working around the rim.
This Is The Way ~~~~

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)