MWB6072

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I Installed the Alpine R-S65.2 R-series 6.5-inch coaxial 2 way speakers in all four doors of my badlands with the OEM radio. I’m sure there is still room for improvement but a simple adjustment of the fader and it completely changes the audio experience from the stock system.

Thanks for posting!
Sponsored

ford4life

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Has anyone replaced the tweeters on the dash? I was looking to do it but not exactly sure how to (carefully) remove the grills where the left and right tweeters are. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I picked up some Alpine 6.5 Type S's and honestly was disappointed with the mid bass. I worked at Best Buy as a car audio installer and I found it odd how hollow these sounded in the Bronco Sport.

I ended up trying Pioneer D series instead. The frequency response was so much better and the md bass sounds great.
On HugeGuyTheory's advice, I put the Pioneer TS-D65Fs in the front and rears of my BB BS. All I can say is Wow. Originally I was debating putting a small sub under the seat because I didn't want one in the way anywhere. A sub is not needed with the Pioneers. They have lots of good bass unless you're looking to rattle windows with rap music.

Also on HugeGuyTheory's advice, I used speaker seal tape and foam weatherstrip. In addition I mounted the wiring adapter plug into the speaker mounting adapter. Also another HugeGuyTheory idea. He sent me links to all these items that were needed. The guy knows his stuff, big thanks to him.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 4C88ED7C-B684-4A42-95EF-BE858F00B286

ford4life

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I bought a Base model a few months ago, and thr left dash speaker/tweeter went out in the first month.
Beforehand the speakers were pitiful at best .
I decided to bite the bullet and head to a local stereo shop to replace all the speakers, with the Alpine 6.5".
Well when they got the front door panels off the front speakers had never been connected lol!..
Still went for the Alpine replacements including tweeters in the dash.
Took only 2 hours for all six to be replaced. Not bad, including the riser brackets..
Talk about night and day !
I'm going back to put in an Amp next week..
Hey Scott, do you know how they removed the tweeters? I was looking at it and I am not sure if I can just lift the grills on the dash, or if I have to remove the entire plastic cover on the dash. Thank you

ScottS

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hey Scott, do you know how they removed the tweeters? I was looking at it and I am not sure if I can just lift the grills on the dash, or if I have to remove the entire plastic cover on the dash. Thank you
Popped them rt off w a screwdriver

ford4life

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did the small panels that cover the tweeters just pop off? Because when I was looking it almost seemed that the grills were
So just to confirm, the plastic perforated grill that covers each tweeter, that popped right off with a screwdriver? Because when I was inspecting it to remove it almost appeared that the entire plastic dash cover up top was one piece and had to be removed to get to those left and right tweeters. I tried to run a thin credit card around the tweeter speaker grill to see if I could pry it up.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So did the small panels that cover the tweeters just pop off? Because when I was looking it almost seemed that the grills were

So just to confirm, the plastic perforated grill that covers each tweeter, that popped right off with a screwdriver? Because when I was inspecting it to remove it almost appeared that the entire plastic dash cover up top was one piece and had to be removed to get to those left and right tweeters. I tried to run a thin credit card around the tweeter speaker grill to see if I could pry it up.
You are correct, the grills are part of the center dash. There must be a clip or retainer that goes under the A pillars. I can see pop clips along the center section by the defrost vents. So it's possible that if you pop the clips in the center, it may just pull out from under the A pillar, but I have not disassembled this myself.
I was going to remove mine and replace my factory tweeters when I replaced my speakers, but I decided to leave them be for now since I was very happy with the speakers I chose.

BroncoMT

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxda3
On HugeGuyTheory's advice, I put the Pioneer TS-D65Fs in the front and rears of my BB BS. All I can say is Wow. Originally I was debating putting a small sub under the seat because I didn't want one in the way anywhere. A sub is not needed with the Pioneers. They have lots of good bass unless you're looking to rattle windows with rap music.

Also on HugeGuyTheory's advice, I used speaker seal tape and foam weatherstrip. In addition I mounted the wiring adapter plug into the speaker mounting adapter. Also another HugeGuyTheory idea. He sent me links to all these items that were needed. The guy knows his stuff, big thanks to him.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 4C88ED7C-B684-4A42-95EF-BE858F00B286
Can you send me the links?

ford4life

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are correct, the grills are part of the center dash. There must be a clip or retainer that goes under the A pillars. I can see pop clips along the center section by the defrost vents. So it's possible that if you pop the clips in the center, it may just pull out from under the A pillar, but I have not disassembled this myself.
I was going to remove mine and replace my factory tweeters when I replaced my speakers, but I decided to leave them be for now since I was very happy with the speakers I chose.
Thanks for the information. I will probably leave those tweeters in there too. Might not be worth the hassle to change them out. Which speakers did you choose for the doors?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I looked thru all the posts. Saw no mention of adding sound deadening acoustic material behind the door speakers. Back in the day we always did stuff while we we in their to help quiet the car and keep rear speaker cone sound and road noises and vibrations from mixing then resonating back through the speakers Into the cabin. This always seemed to help deliver a more precise sound. A crap ton of decibels comes off the door sheet metal and finds that 6” hole in the door panel ya know. The polypropylene speaker cone passes it right on inside.
Just wondering.

Last edited:

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I looked thru all the posts. Saw no mention of adding sound deadening acoustic material behind the door speakers. Back in the day we always did stuff while we we in their to help quiet the car and keep rear speaker cone sound and road noises and vibrations from mixing then resonating back through the speakers Into the cabin. This always seemed to help deliver a more precise sound. A crap ton of decibels comes off the door sheet metal and finds that 6” hole in the door panel ya know. The polypropylene speaker cone passes it right on inside.
Just wondering.
Unfortunately, there's not a lot of room to access the inner wall of the door (unless you remove the entire cover) to place the deadening material. As you can see from the photo of the OP, it's going to take some major surgery.
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0269

Last edited:

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the information. I will probably leave those tweeters in there too. Might not be worth the hassle to change them out. Which speakers did you choose for the doors?
Pioneer TS-D65Fs. They are great. If you dig through the thread you'll find I posted links to the adapters and harnesses. There is also photos of how I mounted the harnesses by cutting a small hole in the adapters. I also used speaker foam and a sealer for a baffle. They sound amazing for not being amplified.

Links to stuff
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-combo-speaker-mounting-kit-for-select-ford-2011-2020-vehicles-black/6438740.p?skuId=6438740

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WW6MZLM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RS40CE4XP3GNXHB97FP9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-Expandable-Foam-Weatherstrip-1-2-in-x-1-2-in-x-20-ft-E/1002926160

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210626_131008

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210627_180251

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210704_115801

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210626_131032

Last edited:

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Thanks to jlmazzola and everyone who posted pics and information about speaker swaps. I finished up today replacing the four door speakers with PowerBass OE652-FD Coaxial's. I'm not really an audiophile but I wanted something better than the cheap Ford speakers and I thought the PowerBass was a good choice because of it being plug and play. The speakers truly are plug and play, they fit in the OEM opening in the door and align perfectly with the mounting holes, they give you an adapter for the connector again a perfect fit. Whoever said the door panel screws are different sizes wasn't kidding, three different sizes. Of course the first door took the longest but once I was familiar with where all the screws were and what they were hidden under the rest went much quicker. What a difference, truly transforms the base head unit for a couple hundred bucks.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It may be in this thread somewhere, but what are the wiring colors for the speakers in the rear doors? When I installed the sub in my Ranger, Ford ran the rear speaker wiring down the center of the truck, then branch off to each door sill area. Under the sill plate, the speaker wires were there and then went to the B pillar then to the doors. The speaker wires were twisted together to easily indentify them. Anyone run across this? And, the color coding of the speaker sires for each rear speaker of so? Also, any switched B+ source that is maybe at the fuse panel and identifiable. I don't want to "guess" and smoke something $$$. My other option is just pay to have it installed since my time is limited. Thanks!

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Edit: Can Confirm! These are the correct adapters for both the Front and Rear speakers in the doors. You do need speaker adapters for both the front a rear. http://metraonline.com/part/82-5605

FYI. This should be the speaker adapters and harnesses for the front. (1 pair of adapters and 1 pair of speaker harnesses)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-combo-speaker-mounting-kit-for-select-ford-2011-2020-vehicles-black/6438740.p?skuId=6438740

Solo Speaker Harnesses
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-speaker-wire-harness-for-select-ford-and-mazda-vehicles-black/5948155.p?skuId=5948155
Just want to clarify here. I've seen messages in this thread that the brackets aren't needed for the rear doors. Is that the case? Your first link says adapters are needed for front and rear and it leads to the plastic brackets, but the second link leads to a combo pack for the front with the bracket and the wiring adapter. I know the wiring adapters are needed but are the plastic mounting brackets needed for both front and rear?
Sponsored