MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I never considered upgrading sound on a car before. Yesterday I put on some tunes and was surprised how noticeably worse it was than my Fiesta. I'll definitely be upgrading now.

Do it! It's pretty easy to do yourself, and aftermarket speakers are a much more cost effective way to upgrade your car's audio. WAY cheaper and better than the factory "upgrade." A set of $100 speakers can easily provide a HUGE improvement in sound.

If you're going to DIY I highly recommend getting a set of trim panel tools, like these:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_126CR3NGL/Bojo-Trim-Panel-Tools.html?tp=990

They're cheap, and will make removing the door panels much easier.
Sponsored

MickeyLynn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for this! It was much more helpful than just going in blind! Just did the front door speakers for now, vast improvement already, can’t wait to do the rears and add a sub!

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Edit: Can Confirm! These are the correct adapters for both the Front and Rear speakers in the doors. You do need speaker adapters for both the front a rear. http://metraonline.com/part/82-5605

FYI. This should be the speaker adapters and harnesses for the front. (1 pair of adapters and 1 pair of speaker harnesses)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-combo-speaker-mounting-kit-for-select-ford-2011-2020-vehicles-black/6438740.p?skuId=6438740

Solo Speaker Harnesses
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-speaker-wire-harness-for-select-ford-and-mazda-vehicles-black/5948155.p?skuId=5948155

Last edited:

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport First Edition
I just had my door speakers replaced and added a sub and unfortunately got a bad a speaker on the passenger side but if i crank it to that side and run sport it sounds way, way better kinda like a two stroke, its pretty cool actually

Gcshaffer

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
I secured mine in the cargo area with two strips of 2" wide velcro, and it holds quite well. I have to use both hands and my weight to pull it off.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_20210625_080423413
What did you use for the audio line in for the amp? I assume a converter off the rear speaker but which kind if you don't mind. Thanks.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
What did you use for the audio line in for the amp? I assume a converter off the rear speaker but which kind if you don't mind. Thanks.
I tapped into the driver side rear speaker input wire, and connected it to the high input harness that came with the amp. Powering the amp was easy as there is a wire harness near the spare tire, the thickest wire in the harness energizes when the ignition is turned to on.

Last edited:

BroncoBell

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I taped into the driver side rear speaker input wire, and connected it to the high input harness that came with the amp. Powering the amp was easy as there is a wire harness near the spare tire, the thickest wire in the harness energizes when the ignition is turned to on.
What color wire did you tap into on the driver side? Also, you didn’t have to run a power wire to the battery? You just tapped into the thickest wire near the spare? Thanks for the help - never installed a sub, and am looking to DIY.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
What color wire did you tap into on the driver side? Also, you didn’t have to run a power wire to the battery? You just tapped into the thickest wire near the spare? Thanks for the help - never installed a sub, and am looking to DIY.
Correction, I did have to run wire from the Battery to the sub, the thick wire from the harness near the spare tire, I tapped into it to power the remote terminal on the sub, since that was a switched power source. As wired, the sub only comes on when the ignition switch is on or the engine is running. I'm sure there are more efficient ways of wiring the sub, I just didn't have the nerve to go tearing into my dash to get behind the radio and use the RCA connectors on the radio. I don't remember the color of the wire I taped into for signal, I remember identifying the positive terminal on the speaker, and following the cable into the wiring bundle coming out of the door pillar. I remember they were Dual colored wires very hard to distinguish one from the other when it joined the door harness. Had to use a multimeter and run a continuity test to make sure I was tapping the right cable. Running cables under the interior trimmings is fairly easy, they pop up without much trouble, the door panels on the other hand scared me to death, they pop with such a loud and nerve wracking noise, you swear you broke something. Here are some pictures from another fellow member who had his done by a shop.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0228

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0250

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0251

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0252

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0253

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0254

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0255

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0257

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0258

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0260

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0261

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0262

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0263

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0264

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0265

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0267

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0268

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0269 (1)

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0269

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0270

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0271

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0274

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0276

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0277

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0278

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! IMG_0281

OP
OP
jlmazzola

jlmazzola

Big Bend
First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
@jlmazzola did you strap in your woofer or does it stay put without it?
So so sorry I didn’t respond sooner, I originally put heavy duty double sided Velcro under the sub and it stuck perfectly on the trunk liner. BUT eventually I wanted more trunk space so I took out the spare tire and the sub fit perfectly in the spare tire area.

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I haven’t seen any usefull info on this subject, so im going to have my baby bronco go under the knife professionally later today and upload photos of the job & will try to provide as much detail as possible. FYI I have the Bronco Sport Big Bend (6 Speaker),

*UPDATE* Pictures Below!
I was surprised how good the stock unit sounded recently when I cranked up the volume!

ScottS

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Well I bought a Base model a few months ago, and thr left dash speaker/tweeter went out in the first month.
Beforehand the speakers were pitiful at best .
I decided to bite the bullet and head to a local stereo shop to replace all the speakers, with the Alpine 6.5".
Well when they got the front door panels off the front speakers had never been connected lol!..
Still went for the Alpine replacements including tweeters in the dash.
Took only 2 hours for all six to be replaced. Not bad, including the riser brackets..
Talk about night and day !
I'm going back to put in an Amp next week..

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well I bought a Base model a few months ago, and thr left dash speaker/tweeter went out in the first month.
Beforehand the speakers were pitiful at best .
I decided to bite the bullet and head to a local stereo shop to replace all the speakers, with the Alpine 6.5".
Well when they got the front door panels off the front speakers had never been connected lol!..
Still went for the Alpine replacements including tweeters in the dash.
Took only 2 hours for all six to be replaced. Not bad, including the riser brackets..
Talk about night and day !
I'm going back to put in an Amp next week..
I picked up some Alpine 6.5 Type S's and honestly was disappointed with the mid bass. I worked at Best Buy as a car audio installer and I found it odd how hollow these sounded in the Bronco Sport.

I ended up trying Pioneer D series instead. The frequency response was so much better and the md bass sounds great.

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Super easy spot to gain access from engine bay to inside for wiring. The big open spot on the driver side fender well leads right to this grommet above door hinge Runs right behind dash and pretty clear shot right on through to the floor
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! C5141649-5038-4EC4-89A4-05AE6B1B4747
Sponsored